chapter 56: When it all comes together

ROUNDING THE CORNER
my eyes settled on a tall meniacle figure--it was like listening to a bottle cap hit the floor. The air was so brittle, it could just about snap.

The very cat I had chased led me to this alleyway. Where I faced my father, for the first time in what felt like an entire month.

He crouched, scratching just below the cat's chin. His chuckling marked my thoughts.

I backed into Keigo, "You know this guy?" I glanced back at him; fear written deep within my (e/c) orbs. I could feel them changing color, right there; a growl rippling from my throat.

He smirks at me; allowing the cat to climb up and onto its shoulder; adjusting his suit as well as tugging at the sleeves.

"You know, the stories have got it all wrong. I've never been quite fond of snakes. You wouldn't expect a lycan to be a cat person now would you?"

His voice was strange. Sometimes tuning in and tuning out, like a glitchy radio. Black mist leaked from his right eye--and his crimson red orbs stared back at me with the purest form of hatred. I hadn't felt sick to my stomach in a long time.

He twirls his fingers, giving a mischievous grin, and a pure pitch-black void just appears out of no where. He reaches his hand deep inside, pulling something out. Keigo grabs my shoulder steadily irking me to get behind him. I only stood still, with a look of mortification.

At first it's hard to make out what's sitting in his hand--his fingers were laced through someone's scalp.

I throw my hands over my mouth--gasping upon realising this was the decapitated head, of none other than Tomura Shigaraki.

He chunks it into the ground; kicking it over to me. I stumbled back on my feet--tripping and falling.

"You...killed him...??" My voice had fallen cold and monotone.

He merely cackles. I shake my head profusely; tears spilling from my eyes. "H-He was your ally...a-and you killed him--?!"

I cradled his head against my chest--of course I cared. This man was abandoned, just like me; cursed and unable to touch another living soul in this cruel world if he didn't want to kill them. Yes; I cried for this man.

"My ally?" He sneered. His shoes faintly click against the concrete as he drew near me. Keigo gritted his teeth, shaking my shoulder; pleading for me to just follow him. But I couldn't. I was frozen there, on my knees.

My father crouched down; his tail swishing profusely, as he grabbed my chin. "He was nothing more than another pawn. Just like the innocent lives I destroyed, for the sake of keeping you in line."

"And this is how you repay me? Running around with these miscreants?"

"Where is the league--?! Where is Katsuki--?!" My voice cracked. He shakes his muzzle, tisking.

"Unfortunately, the league and I had a bit of a disagreement."

"But can you blame me? I made a deal with this man much long ago, and now that I've finally made an appearance; he wasn't ready for me to collect on my debt. It was almost as though he assumed I wouldn't come for him. Now isn't that
b-b-baffling?"

His entire body glitches, and with that he gritted his teeth. "It appears this little game of ours must come to a close. Come with me, my daughter. You're destined to rule at my side--killing yourself won't work on me anymore. At least; now that I have the chance to get a powerful body. Your death is no longer linked to me."