chapter 28: The lanterns In the Dark

~ • ~

I HONESTLY WASN'T
Expecting to spend the afternoon with Bakugo, but He seemed to hold alot of Weight on his shoulders. The burden of Craving Perfection, It bothered him to an extent, but for once He seemed to be invested in something else.

I hadn't a clue what, but I assumed maybe he Actually enjoyed being around me, or at the very least he was comfortable around me.

This Was probably one of the only Wooded areas, in This town I could find; Still this little patch of nature wasn't all that much. This forest Was Simple; it lead to multiple Alleyways throughout town; those alleyways lead to Street markets, and sometimes Neighborhoods Infested with crime. This was the short-cut Kenai and I took to find this town of solace.

"Where the Hell are we going?" He snarls. "Somewhere Kenai used to take me When I was A pup." He snorted, "You mean, you were raised By A Fucking rodent?"

I flash an icy glare. "If he was here, he'd Probably rage, just by hearing that." He chuckled at that. "I guess you could say Kenai raised me, but at the time I couldn't control my Abilities. And I definitely couldn't change back until I was like fifty six."

I'd forgotten the fact that I'd been keeping track of my age in dog Years. I Then corrected myself, "Or uhh, when I was like eight."

We were almost there. The sound of Streaming water Sphilled my Surroundings. I Beamed A bright smile using a group of stones To cross over The Stream.

Katsuki seemed hesitant before crossing. I grabbed his hand to make sure he wouldn't fall. He almost tripped on the last step. He acted almost Shocked that I managed to Catch him.

Maybe it was my obvious strength or maybe he didn't exactly trust me. But Either way I wouldn't have minded.

We'd finally arrived.

There Ahead of us Lies A Tall grassy hill; a tree With Lavender Hued flowers lying at the Tip. I squeezed his Hand in excitement Practically dragging him up the hill. When we halted, The Wind would blow harshly, The smell of water, and Wisteria Made my nose twitch. "Wow- Isn't the sky just beautiful katsuki?"

When I looked over at him he seemed to have been Staring at me again. "Yeah..." He mutters before Scrunching his eyes closed and shaking his head, "why the hell are we all the way out here anyway? We see the sky every Fucking day-"

I giggled some more. "That's not why I brought you up here Silly." With that I plop down in the grass and lay back. He rolls his eyes, before sitting in the grass; laying Back next to me with a huff.

Before We knew it twinkling stars Were released, Light Blobs of Glimmering Fire hover into the sky. In this moment I felt Like we were Both captured in awe.

"Kenai said Those were lanterns, we traveled alot When I was younger. We'd pass by villages, And Cute little towns. There are fallen heroes all over this world like my mother. She was a great hero. She wasn't a hero to the world, but she was a hero to me."

"Everynight lanterns are released into this Sky; people come from far and wide To set them off. Kenai told me They represented their fallen heroes...."

"My dream isn't to become a pro hero, but to become an alpha like my mother, and return home to My own village; proclaim it as my own. I could be an alpha just like mom.." I trailed off.