chapter 8: The Exam (pt 2)*

*This chapter is currently under editting. If things don't make sense, I'm sorry! It will be fixed!*   

~ • ~

I HATED HOLDING BACK.
it was always a major obstacle for me. Hell I even held back a little during training with Mirio. It was mainly because I didn't want to lose control around them. It was relieving--knowing that I didn't lose my cool then--there was that slim chance I could actually survive the game without doing so. Still; it has happened before. Those flashbacks lie beyond the border of my present thoughts, just waiting for the right moment to hit me.

The fact that I didn't have to worry about killing actual people was easy. I could let loose around robots. There was still something dark lurking in the back of my mind though. With every robot I'd pounce, and every wire I tore apart--the bigger that darkness grew.

A twinge of pain surges through my chest, upon realising how many humans I spooked. Especially when I shapeshifted right in the center of the feild. Even if they knew who I was, it probably wouldn't have been any different.

I was a demon on the battlefield, but I wasn't really certain I was ready to share the truth about my people just yet. I can almost feel my quirk. It's alive, deep inside me. That was probably the fastest I'd shapeshifted in a while. My power was increasing dramatically somehow. Maybe it was the sheer determination? Or it could've been rage.

With so many humans around me it's like the temperature on the field completely dropped. I was anxious, and the air around me was so stagnant. This feeling was distant, yet familiar and surreal. I've felt like this before alright.

My heavy paws pounded against the earth--rocking beneath me-- wherever I went, a trail of cracks littered the earth in my wake.
Every now and then I'd flex my paws out, slamming them into the chests of numerous robots. I tore the core battery out of one of them--snapping my jaws shut--in a matter of seconds it was in shambles.

Tearing them apart limb by limb satisfied me to an extent, but eventually the world around me started slowing down. Strangely enough, it was just like in my dream.

I skitted to a stop, as a shimmering blur of baby blue shot past me. My right ear twitched vigorously upon sensing something powerful approaching.
I pick up my snout to gawk at the sky above me. Other humans were in awe of the gigantic faux robot in the center of the battling arena, and some were staring at me.

I could only assume that large robot must have been the obsticle. The one containing zero points. It must have been why broccoli hair bolted past me so quickly. I let out a scoff in annoyance at my late reaction.

I hesitantly move my gaze back over to the large robot, my anxious (e/c) orbs fluttering down to find a girl who had collapsed on the ground. Without thinking I raced over to her.

A loud thud could be heard, and while the majority of the students moved their gazes over to the commotion with the large robot, I ignored it; nudging the debree off the girls ankle, and nudging her onto my back.

"W-Woaah!" She whaled before lacing her fingers in my fur, holding on for dear life. It reminded me a little of Kenai. I turn my head to glance at her, to which I could only really glance back with one eye since my snout was in the way of my other one.

"Hang on!" I exclaimed, approaching a large Building.

Eventually I ran so fast, I managed to plant my paws on the side of the building, running up the wall at inhuman speed. I used the building rooftops to my advantage, leaping off of them in a pattern before I found the safest place to put the girl. When I placed her down she stammered a thank you, only to be interjected by more faux villains.