Chpt 28: Lots of Questions About Maya.

Adrien was wolfing down the pizza that their friends insisted Marinette bring back for Adrien.  They had all missed seeing him and they wanted to make sure he knew they were thinking of him.  Marinette marveled again at how much Adrien could eat and how fast he could eat it.  Adrien had handed Plagg an especially cheesy piece and the two were gulping it down as if they'd never seen food before.  Marinette and Tikki knew better than to try to talk to them when they were this involved in their eating- they'd be no help to them until they were done.

After a few moments Adrien wiped his hands and mouth on a napkin and put his plate down on the little rooftop table.  Plagg reclined in the plant, his arms resting on his now very full belly.

"Finally ready?" asked Tikki, primly.  She was not overly impressed with the lack of manners she had just witnessed in the two males.

"Sure," said Plagg, from his spot in the plant.  He gazed at Tikki with half-lidded eyes.

"Don't you dare take a nap now!" she said as she flew over and gave him a poke to wake him up.

Plagg sighed.  "Fine," he said as he flew back over toward Adrien and landed on the little table.  "What's so important for me to miss my post-pizza nap?"

The little red kwami glared at Plagg and Adrien felt quite happy not to be on the receiving end of that, though Adrien noticed it didn't seem to bother his kwami.

Tikki nodded for Marinette to begin, fairly certain that everyone would now be listening.

"So, Maya was at the Kitty Section rehearsal tonight," said Marinette.

"She was?!" exclaimed Adrien, caught off guard by this information.

"And I'm pretty sure she stole my purse and went through it but then returned it," she continued.  "I have an idea why, but I guess I'd like to hear your thoughts first, so what I say doesn't affect what you might think about everything that's been happening," said Marinette, making sure to address both Adrien and Plagg. 

"Well, if Maya is the future villain as everything seems to indicate so far, she might have stolen your purse because . . ."  Adrien paused trying to come up with what Maya would expect to find in there.

Plagg rolled his eyes, thinking it was pretty obvious.  "She was looking for your Miraculous!  Somehow she's found out Marinette is Ladybug- probably discovered something about Ladybug during the whole spider encounter thing- and she figured Marinette would keep it close.  Not really sure why she wouldn't suspect your earrings, but as she's a scientist, she probably needs more data to make her final conclusion."

Marinette had almost forgotten about the holographic spider because it was pretty much a non-event.  How could they have forgotten to discuss why the villain went to all of the trouble to do that in the first place?!  There must have been a reason.  She quickly brought to mind all of the details at the stadium and one specific thing stood out in her mind- something had hit her!  It hadn't been painful so she had completely forgotten about it until now.

"At the stadium- something hit me!  Remember?" Marinette asked, turning her eyes towards Adrien's. 

She saw his eyes widen.  "Yes!  What if it was an . . . I don't know.  A tracker maybe?"

"Yes!  Alya mentioned that she found a dart-type gun in the villain's backpack!" said Marinette.

"Alya has the villain's backpack!  Why—?" 

But, Marinette interrupted him to keep them on the more important line of thought.  "In a minute," she said trying to figure out just what happened.