Ch 3 - HOmEcOmiNg

3rd POV

When the Winter Spider collapsed into Steve's arms, the Avengers knew they had completed their job. Tony bid a snarky farewell to the remaining HYDRA agents and rocketed out of there, followed closely by the others. War Machine and Ironman, carrying Spider, took to the sky first, disappearing from sight. Natasha helped Clint out of his webbing and soon the two of them (along with Steve) were headed to the cliff edge. Without hesitation, they jumped out, landing on the hovering Quinjet below and climbing inside. 

The HYDRA agents yelled, shot, and cursed at the jet. But it was all in vain. The Quinjet promptly flew off to New York, travelling much faster than the average jet.

The group entered and Bucky immediately approached them, demanding to see the Winter Spider.

"Let me see him. I want to see Spider. Now," Bucky said, eyeing the unconscious figure that was barely in view behind Tony. He was calm for now, but he knew he could lose it quickly if he wasn't careful.

"He's fine, Buck. But I don't think that's the best idea. We don't know what will happen if you see him again," Steve replied calmly, keeping the desperate soldier away from the Spider. He decided to re-direct to something more important. "Besides, he needs some medical attention."

"He's right, Barnes. I'll get on that right now," Bruce chipped in as he went to the limp teen.

"Let me just see his face. Please?" Buck asked, resolve beginning to crumble at an alarming rate and voice cracking pathetically at the question. He knew the two men were right.

"Alright," Banner answered, not wanting to deprive the emotionless man of something he loved enough to actually cry over.

They laid the teen on the medical-pod-thing. He remained out cold and bleeding from the scattered cuts that Romanoff caused. There was some space given to the super soldier––most people in seats or standing a distance away.

"You can do the honours," Steve said softly, placing his companionate hand on his best friend's shoulder.

Bucky took a deep breath and unmasked the boy. "Эй, паук. Вы в возрасте. Это было какое-то время, не так ли? Посмотри на себя и свои синяки. Что они с тобой сделали? Я скучал по тебе, кстати." Bucky let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. His flesh hand automatically traced the boy's jawline, caressing him in a caring way. His hand traced the scar below Spider's eye. "Ты все еще похож на ребенка. Я сдержал свое обещание Паук. Я знаю, что это было давно. Но я рада, что вернула тебя. Вам больше не нужно будет находиться на этой базе HYDRA. Разве это не звучит хорошо?" Bucky chuckled a little, a small tear fell from his eye. (Translation in side comments).

The team pointedly turned their heads to respectfully ignore the reunion. Natasha understood what Bucky was saying and she hung her head silently. But once the words were done speaking and a long silence followed, the group took the chance to peer over at the unmasked boy. He was definitely young. Young yet hauntingly aged––face containing a thin scar and the impossibly worn-down look of the horrid things he's been through. 

He's seen some unimaginable things––they all silently agreed.

"Bucky..." Bruce began softly, "We have to give him stitches now. You'll be able to see him again when we're back at the tower. Okay?" 

Bucky just nodded, forcing away his tears as Steve guided him back to a seat near the pod-table-thing Winter Spider was in. The two had a clear view of the Spider on the table.