16. Shouldn't we eliminate Potter first?

Chapter Sixteen - Shouldn't we eliminate Potter first?

Hadrian stayed silent for the rest of the day. His mind in a different place as Ron talked about the match, Hermione complained about the humidity and Ginny kept on touching him.

He ignored the rest of the Weasely's and engaged in small conversations with Hermione and Ron sometimes but otherwise kept to himself as he whispered to Isolt and Sayre who had been napping whilst he had been watching the match.

He set out when it was growing dark, he snuck out of the rambunctious, chaotic tent and made his way outside. Some passing wizards shot him odd looks for he had dropped his Harry Potter glamour. The snakes curled around his lithe body as he headed to the wealthy tents.

The Death Eaters were there already, he could feel their presence and their power tangle through the air around him, he knew his mother would be there, but he didn't want her to see him just yet. It will be soon.

He shadow travelled into the Malfoy Tent blending into the darkness.

Bellatrix stood in the middle of a circle of Death Eaters their hoods flipped back as they talked somberly amongst each other. Bellatrix stood tall, she had every reason to hate the light,

They took her husband and her son and they were going to pay.

They took everything from her.

"We will attack tonight, show them Voldemort's back, they will be afraid," Bellatrix said,

"But, isn't our goal to free the Darke from the clutches of the light? If they know we're back won't they try to hold the bars down on us?" On mentioned,

"What about Potter?" One asked, "Shouldn't we eliminate Potter first?"

"Yeah, with him gone the light will be without their hero."

"It would be perfect."

"Yes, but he killed the Lord as a child, how strong would he be now you think?"

"We will not kill Potter," Lucius drawled, "He is an image Dumbledore painted, there is no Harry Potter,"

"What do you mean?" A Death Eater dared to ask,

A silence fell over the group as they awaited an answer.

Hadrian felt a brush against his shoulder. He glanced to the side to see Draco Malfoy wearing a cloak. He stared at Hadrian, daring him to stand up, show them the true heir of the throne Marvolo had set up.

Hadrian rolled his eyes at Draco but complied to his wishes. The area was dark if he was lucky it was just dark enough for him to appear right in the middle of them.

He smirked at Draco before disappearing in a curl of midnight smoke,

Draco reached out to grasp the curling smoke tendrils but the fluttered beneath her grasp,

Hadrian had midflight decided it wasn't shady enough and he thanked the Gods for his vampiric abilities and instead landed atop the shadow ridden chandelier, 

"For I am Hadrian Riddle, or as some of you know me, Harry Potter."

It shook under the sudden weight, exactly as he had planned, all the Death Eaters glanced up to see red eyes glaring down at them.

Hadrian smiled at them when his face touched the light, they gasped at the resemblance the boy held to their Lord.

"Good evening Gentlemen and Ladies." He said tugging the cord of the chandelier causing it to fall to the floor carrying him with it.

Just before it hit the ground and shattered he disappeared into tendrils of smoke. The glass sprung and hit some of the wizard's cloaks and bodies. None of them moved, where had the red-eyed boy gone?

Suddenly the chandelier disappeared into the void and in its place stood the young boy.

He stood tall, his chest out as his hands were calmly tucked into the pockets of his roughed up black jeans. His hair was pushed back, his blood-red eyes glared at them and many found themselves bowing against their will, their companions following them.

Bellatrix gasped and threw herself at the boy, "Hadrian?" she breathed tucking his hair behind his ear as she inspected every inch of his face.

"Hello Mother." Hadrian said, raising his eyebrow at the nearly hysterical mother.

Bellatrix held her long-lost son close to her chest, tears brimming her eyes, he was back finally.

Her voice loud, she bellowed, "The heir has returned!"

Deatheaters mumbled amongst each other, their voices overlapping, their eyes fearful as they eyed the young lord before them who stood surveying the group.

Draco looked over to his father who proudly nodded to him, Draco had chosen this friend wisely.

Draco nervously pushed through the crowd and walked up to Hadrian tapping him on his shoulder.

"It's time, my Lord." He said,

"Don't call me that, my friend," Hadrian muttered, without looking at Draco and instead allowed his snakes to curl up around his shoulders. He gently passed Sayre to Draco.

"Carry her, the sisters are getting bigger." He said and he turned leaving the Malfoy tent, Draco on his heels."

Hadrian transfigured his jacket and Dracos cloak to billowing obsidian black cloaks which covered them from head to toe, disguising them effectively.

The group paraded around the area, shooting silent curses where they went causing chaos. Regretfully they, may or may not have traumatised an innocent muggle family however they did do the same to many other families. He looked around and caught the eyes of Hermione and Ron who were scrambling out of the Weasley tent to get away.

When they saw the glowing red eyes, Hermione gasped, she knew it from somewhere. However, before she could get a closer look Hadrian had grasped Draco's arm and held his wand to the sky,

"Morsmorte!"

The feared snake skull exploded into the sky, it leered over the campsite announcing what everyone feared.

Voldemort was back.