12

"Honey? What's wrong?" my mom repeated.

"Nothing. Nothing's wrong." I caught Trey's attention by waving my hand towards his clothes and he got the message. He grabbed some of the things from his bags and went into the bathroom to change. "I just got back from outside and it was freezing, that's all." I explained to my mom.

"Oh!" she giggled. "I completely forgot! It's snowing over there by now, isn't it? In Hawaii, it never snows!" I was silent. Last time she called, they were only in Florida. And now they were in Hawaii. "By the way, we have new clients and they're in Australia! Oh, doesn't that sound exciting?"

"Yeah." I said dryly. "Fun."

My mom didn't catch my voice of tone and continued to talk about her experience from traveling from the last time she called. "Our clients are always happy and even give us tips! Isn't that great? That means more money for you in your bank account to use!"

"Yeah. Thanks."

"Honey!" my mom giggled. "Stop it! I'm on the phone with Willow!" my fingers twitched when I heard my dad chuckle in the background. Then my mom squealed again. "I have to go Willow. You father is being a very naughty boy." I didn't bother to reply to her comment. "I'll talk to you later, dear!" she hung up and I waited a heartbeat before pressing the button to hang up as well.

"You have interesting parents." Trey said, and I turned to look at him. He was fully clothed and leaning on the bathroom doorframe with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Really? I've always thought they were just like typical parents." I said as I stood up and threw my phone on the table, next to the pizza box. "I'm taking a shower and then we'll go to sleep." I said before I walked up the stairs while feeling his eyes run all over my body.

I went into my bathroom and found myself locking the door. Now that I knew that Trey could actually be human, I couldn't help the reflex. Sure he was still Dog, but at the same time, he was now Trey and I didn't want any human male to see me naked.

Immediately, I hopped into the shower and turned on the hot water. I was sprayed with a soothing temperature before I closed my eyes and let my body warm up. When I actually began washing, Trey spoke.

"Are you done yet?"

I raised an eyebrow. "No. Why?"

"Hm...so you're still in the shower..." His voice hinted that he was smirking and I stiffened as my movements became more and more robotic.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked.

"I'm thinking..." he slowly said. "That I should barge into your bedroom and-"

"It's locked."

There was a pause. "Why'd you lock the door? Unless you were already thinking about something dirty before I did."

"You're always horny. When do you ever stop thinking dirty?" I said blandly and he chuckled.

"Never." Trey answered. "But it's more fun if the other person participates."

"What are you talking about?" He didn't answer and I started feeling a bit paranoid. I listened for any noise such as footsteps coming up the stairs as I shampooed my hair. "Trey?" No answer. "Dog?"

"I'm just kidding." He said. "Did I scare you?"

"Oh."

"Oh?" Trey repeated with interest. "Are you disappointed? Did you want me to break down the barriers in between us to get to you?"