15

By the time I snapped out of my confusion and headed up the stairs, Trey was already coming down, holding a pencil and notebook. I noticed those were my things, so I asked, "What are you doing?"

"I'm writing my paper. It's due this week." He said it like it was obvious and our previous mood was easily erased and replaced with our usual one.

"Mrs. Carlson practically gave us a whole month, and you're just doing it now?" I asked with disbelief.

He shrugged and I just turned around. When I reached my bedroom, I heard the TV turn on and I rolled my eyes with a small smile. "English paper, huh?"

After changing out of my school clothes, I sat at my desk in my bedroom and did my homework. An hour quickly passed by as I finished everything and headed back downstairs, stretching. When I saw Trey staring at the TV like usual, I scoffed. But then I saw a pile of printing paper on the coffee table in front of him. I turned my head to look at my computer and saw that it had been turned on.

"You finished?" I said with surprise and Trey gave me a confused look.

"Finished what?" he asked as I walked down the rest of the stairs and around the couch. When I reached for the pile of papers, he shouted, "Hey!" before snatching it away from my hands. "No touching."

I blinked and stared at him. "What? Did you write your diary entries in there or something? What's it about?"

"Me. Obviously." He said with a roll of his eyes.

"I know that." I sighed. "But what else did you add in there? Why the secrecy?" When he didn't bother to answer me, I finally asked the question we both knew was coming. "You didn't talk about me in there, did you?"

Trey slowly smirked. "Why, Willow. I didn't know you liked my naughty thoughts to be written on paper for others to read."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "If I find out you wrote about the things we've done together..."

"Don't worry." He chuckled. "Those details are for us alone. The paper's really about me, I swear."

When I stared at him a little longer, I eventually took his word on it and turned towards the kitchen. I went into the cupboards and pulled out a box of cookies before walking back into the living room. I sat down beside Trey and watched TV while I took a bite of a cookie. The chocolate reminded me of Valentine's Day and I glanced at Trey cautiously.

He saw my cookies and took one. Trey bit off a piece and continued to stare at the television with a blank look on his face. I contemplated on whether or not to ask him if he wanted anything from me in the first place for Valentine's Day. After all, we weren't really a couple.

But in the end, I decided to ask him anyway.

"Trey?"

"Hm?" he didn't look at me.

My fingers twitched and I forced myself to not start fidgeting. "Is there anything you want for Valentine's Day?"

Trey seemed shocked at first, but quickly composed himself back to normal. "Chocolate."

I couldn't resist rolling my eyes. "I mean something more specific."

"Specific..." he trailed off and turned to me with mischievous eyes. "I want you covered in chocolate from head to toe so I can lick you all day."

I groaned, and really hated myself that I blushed because of his words. "Of course. I should've known better." I sighed, earning a laugh from Trey. My cellphone began to ring and I realized that I had left it in the coat of my pocket. I quickly grabbed it from the closet and answered.