39

I woke up to the shining sun and the sound of chirping birds. The noise was so clear because Trey and I were outside. The summer atmosphere was so calming and relaxing that Trey and I decided to stay outside for the night.

With the sun blaring down at me, I pulled the covers over my head, still exhausted from Trey's stamina.

"Trey?" I said. He grunted though his voice was still husky and tired. "Are you awake?"

"No."

"I think it's probably the afternoon by now." I noted, seeing as how the sun was very high in the sky and it was getting very hot in the bed with the sheets over and Trey beside me.

"So?"

"We should head back." I chuckled at his clipped tone. He just groaned, obviously meaning he didn't like the idea. "We can go back to sleep on your bed." I suggested.

There was no reply for a while and I just sighed before letting myself relax back into the bed. But Trey suddenly sat up and carried me swiftly in his arms. I was wrapped in the bed sheets so I wasn't worried about my nudity, but Trey was naked from head to toe.

Still, he made his way to the dorm using the path we came from. When we got into the building, he sped past people, making me wonder if they even noticed us.

Trey took us into his bedroom and pulled the curtains closed and then laid us in the bed. It was very hot outside but inside, there was air conditioning, so I felt comfortable in the bed next to Trey and under the blanket.

Even though he went straight back to sleep, his breath going even, I stayed awake and stared at his face. His lips were slightly parted and I couldn't resist raising a hand and tracing his thin mouth with a finger. He either didn't sense it or didn't mind my touch since he remained unmoving and seemingly sleeping.

This was a good, comfortable time for me to get everything that just happened through my head.

The war was over and it was our victory. I'm still surprised that Trey had such a...devastating and unique background. But now I know and in the end, he's finally safe. And we have a baby together.

My hand rested on my bare belly.

Boy or girl, it doesn't matter. Just the fact that we've created a life makes me happy. Sure, this sort of feels like Rina all over again, but this is also a new experience. And no one can ever replace Rina to me. She'll always be my younger sister. I'll treat my baby just as I've always hoped to treat Rina.

And now I'll have to talk with Trey as to when he'll turn me into a werewolf. We're still in high school and as soon as the school year is done, we'll both be seniors. I'm sure there'll be a lot of commotion as soon as everyone sees that I'm pregnant.

Of course, my three friends will go into complete chaos as well.

So maybe changing during high school isn't the brightest idea ever. But then...when?

"You're thinking too loud." Trey suddenly groaned.

I chuckled. "Really?" I said as he opened his eyes a crack to stare at me. "I didn't notice. But now that you're awake, mind answering some of the questions I had?"

He sighed heavily, blowing a cool breath straight into my face. "Didn't I say we'll talk about this after we graduate from high school?"

"That's a year away." I said flatly. "And I want to know now. Especially when I'll have to break the news to Rebecca, Olly, and Isaac."

Trey gave in. "Fine. But let me ask you something first," He stared straight into my eyes, searching. "Are you sure you really want to become a werewolf?"