7

I told Dog about my day as we sat on the couch together with the TV turned on. He listened to me as he stared at the television with blank eyes. By the time I finished, he had turned his head to focus his attention solely on me.

"This Trey Crawford kid..." he slowly started.

"What?"

"What if he likes you?"

I gave Dog a look. "That's crazy."

"I was just pointing out a possibility. I'm not saying it's true."

"I just noticed him today, and something tells me it's the same for him too. Besides, what would cause him to like me when we just really saw each other for the first time today?"

"It's called love at first sight, genius."

That earned him a crazy look. "That's impossible."

He looked interested at my denial. "Really? You think that?"

"What? Do you think it is possible?"

Dog shrugged his furry shoulders. "I don't know. It's never happened to me before, but I've heard of it happening to others."

"They must've been lying. Lust at first sight is more reasonable for horny dogs like you." But that brought up the conversation I had with Olly first thing this morning and I turned to Dog with curious eyes. "If Olly brought over a female dog, would you like the company?"

He blinked at me a few times and then tilted his head. "What does that have to do with this?"

"Olly was saying you might like some female company." I further explained. "Since you're here by yourself and the only person you're with is me and doing that is impossible. After all, you are an animal and need to go by your instincts."

From the looks of it, it seemed as if Dog's eyebrows drew up in confusion. "Female company? I already have you."

"Not that kind of company. The...other kind." He just continued to stare at me with confusion and I sighed, wondering in incredulity if I really was going to spell it out word for word to him as to what I meant. Eventually, I just scoffed and said, "You know? The kinds that horny dogs like you enjoy?"

Dog blinked. "Oh. That." He simply said before shrugging. "Yeah, sure. But I only sleep with the same species as myself. If your friend wants to bring over company, then she'd have to convince someone like me to come over."

I stared at him with surprise. "You're okay with it? You're fine with sleeping with a girl you've just met for the first time? Shouldn't you be a little more picky than that, wolf or not?"

"I'd prefer to just call it play. And she won't mind either. Besides, mating season is coming up soon for me."

"Mating season?" I echoed.

Dog's lips twitched and they slowly parted into a grin. "Oh? I'm going to have fun with this." He dramatically cleared his throat in my head and said, "Mating season is when-"

"I know what mating season is." I interrupted with a roll of my eyes. "What I meant to ask was when does it start?"

He looked disappointed that I wasn't going to allow him to elaborate and go into the dirty details of what happened during mating season, but he answered my question anyway. "It's usually when spring first arrives. It lasts about three days only though."

"Huh." I grunted. "I thought it would've lasted longer if everyone of your species was a horny as you."

Dog chuckled at my remark. "We mate even if it's not mating season, Willow. It's just that during that season, the chances of producing an offspring are higher. Usually, I don't partake in such events since I don't want to accidentally produce a kid. I don't need that sort of responsibility yet."