30

In the end, it was decided that Trey wouldn't be the one to go inform HELL of our situation. Drew said they needed him here in case an attack occurred and he also mentioned how I needed Trey at the moment. So Trey stayed behind and the alphas chose two from each pack and sent them on their way.

Trey brought me back to our bedroom and I was just about to ask him about Hell, but the moment I saw his face, the topic was forgotten.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He laid me down on the bed and rested beside me, placing his hand on my stomach. "I'm just thinking about our baby."

I relaxed and placed a hand on top of his.

"Honestly, I don't understand how Karen knew before either of us. In fact, she shouldn't have known. I'm only a month, according to her."

Trey chuckled. "It's all instincts, Willow. Remember that."

"It still doesn't make sense," I murmured, "But I wonder...is it a boy or a girl?"

"Either is fine with me. Or both."

"Twins would be nice...and cool."

"Cool?" Trey scoffed, "The baby's already having an effect on you. Since when do you use the world cool?"

"Since I found out I was having a baby."

Trey stared at me with suddenly serious eyes. "Are you scared?"

I blinked. "Scared? Of what?"

"Of what women are usually scared of about giving birth. The pain."

"Given the fact that many women have survived the pains of childbirth, I know the pain won't leave me scarred, if that's what you're asking."

Trey smiled and chuckled before he pulled me closer to rest his head on my chest. His arms wrapped around my waist before he said, "I love you, Willow."

"Yeah? Me too," I said casually, knowing it would bother him.

And I was right. He stiffened at first, but then he relaxed. "I know you're just shy. But it wouldn't hurt to say it back once in a while."

"I said me too."

"Not enough." He leaned his head up and I stared down at him with a smile on my lips. "It's not enough."

I brought my hand up and placed it on his cheek.

"Don't worry," I whispered, leaning in and kissing him. "You'll hear it when the time is right."

"I'm about to go to war to protect you," he said flatly, "I think now is the best opportunity, especially since I might not come back in one piece."

I pecked his lips with my own.

"Maybe I'll tell you when you come back. In one piece of course. But if you don't, you'll never hear it."

"That's just plain selfish," he growled, wrapping his arms around me tighter. "In case you don't know the other side of this, you won't be able to say those words to me ever again if I don't come back."

"But you will." I pulled back to smile at him. He stared at me with blank eyes. "You wouldn't leave me and your baby alone, would you?"

"Never."

I grinned. "And just to let you know, you were the one who made selfish like this. But only when it involves you."

"I wouldn't have it any other way," he whispered before stretching up to kiss me again.

Suddenly, howls erupted outside, making Trey growl and immediately sit up. He strode to the window and looked out. I sat up and watched as his eyes widened from whatever he saw.