14

Afterwards, Trey said that it was time for him to go hunting for blood in the forest. Since I now knew, he decided that it was only the right thing to tell. There were times when he would be gone and I just assumed that he went into the forest, but never would I have thought it was because he was out hunting for blood of all things.

Trey knew that I was wondering where he got the blood from, so he reassured me that he only hunted animals, unlike vampires who hunted primarily humans.

After he left, I decided to prepare something to eat as well. As I was making a sandwich, I heard noise come from my porch. I assumed it was Trey and went to open the back door to let him in, but what stood before me wasn't Trey, or even Dog.

It was another wolf whose size was similar to Trey's. The big difference between this wolf and Trey was that this one had blond fur.

"Who are you?" I quirked an eyebrow.

It was holding clothes in its mouth and suddenly dropped it after I spoke. I watched with shock as it slowly transformed into something else. The fur began to retract into the skin and the bones and joints cracked as it groaned. Its face transformed into a human's structure and the front legs became longer, forming into arms while the back legs straightened into normal looking human legs.

He was still hunched over, so luckily, I didn't see much. But when he finished his transformation, he looked up at me with a grin.

"Hey, Willow."

I slammed the door shut.

No wonder Trey didn't want me to see him transform. It was...different and weird—something I had never seen before. I wasn't scared, but watching the whole process made me experience something completely new.

There was a knock on the door, and I thought about keeping it shut, but sighed and decided to open it in the end. He was Trey's alpha, so it would be rude to keep him out of the house.

I opened the door and Drew was now dressed in the clothes he had brought. Still, he was grinning. "Can I come in?"

Instead of answering him, I simply turned around, but kept the door wide open. He received his answer and entered before shutting the door behind him.

"What do you want, Drew?" I asked as I finished preparing my sandwich.

"I just wanted to check up on how Trey was doing."

I stopped and glanced at him. "Well, he's not home right now. He just went out hunting."

He chuckled. "I know. I wanted to check up on him through you. I wanted to know how he was doing now that he was living with you again."

I crossed my arms and turned to face him as I leaned my hip against the counter. "You knew the whole time he was Trey, and yet for a whole week, you let me think Dog was gone forever. Why did you do that?"

"Sorry about that. I did really feel bad for leaving you in the middle of the hallway, even though I was the one who approached you first. But Trey found out I was talking to you, and he was coming over to break us apart...so I ran away first."

I gave him a confused look. "Aren't you the alpha?"

Drew blinked. "Yeah?" When he didn't see what I was trying to get at, I just sighed and shook my head before he continued. "Anyway, as for the reason why I didn't tell you, it was because I wanted to...observe something."

"Which was?" I urged him to go on as I turned back to making my sandwich.

He chuckled. "Just something. But I really am glad that you two have found each other and are back together."