26

Helen quickly gave me treatment and told me it would take a few weeks before my ankle was back to normal condition. Then she told me to take some painkillers and left, leaving me and Trey alone.

He didn't speak at first and we were just lying down on his bed. I was on my back while he was on his side, facing me. He was leaning on one elbow and looking down at me with a blank expression.

I was over the shock of getting attacked in my own house and quickly ran through the information I learned. The three who had attacked us were indeed werewolves and they were part of the Blood Moon Pack while the pack Trey belonged to—and Drew was the alpha to—was the Crescent Moon Pack.

Over the months that we had been together, I never pressured Trey into telling me about his past because I didn't really care about it. It only mattered to me that he was beside me. I didn't have any big secrets about my past either to tell him besides Rina, but he already knew that. And every time a topic about his childhood came up, he would brush the question away.

I never minded then, and I still don't mind now. I believed that when Trey was ready to tell me, he would. But now, he had to tell me, whether he liked it or not.

"Start." I demanded, and he chuckled.

Slowly, he began. "I'm not really a part of this pack. Usually, you're born into the pack you belong to, but I was actually born into the Blood Moon Pack. But I came to become a part of the Crescent Moon Pack instead.

"The Blood Moon Pack was my original family. As a child, I was clueless and treasured them as a werewolf should of his pack. But as I grew older, I began to see that their ways were...twisted." Trey began running his hands through my hair as his eyes became hooded. "Yes, Willow. There are such things as vampires and they're own sworn enemies. My pack kept a few of them in secret as slaves...pets."

He shook his head in shame. "Vampires are our rivals, and I knew that. But we call them rivals because we compete with them on equal grounds. To capture them and treat them as pets...what's the point of calling them rivals when they can do nothing to you? It was dishonorable. It was sick. And I came to that conclusion on my own. The Blood Moon Pack saw nothing wrong with their actions." Trey's eyes darkened. "Neither did my parents."

Trey had never mentioned his parents when we talked. Only one time he did, and that was when we first met. I had told him my parents were gone, and he had told me his were dead.

"They told me my morals were foolish. They told me that my way of thinking was soft, that I shouldn't give sympathy to leeches. But their disapproval didn't change my thoughts. Of course, there were a few who thought like I did, but they were too afraid to speak out in fear of punishment. The only reason I was allowed to say such things aloud was because...I was the alpha's son."

"Alpha's son." I repeated with surprise. "Your father was the alpha of the Blood Moon Pack?"

He nodded. "I would've been next in line to receive the title, and I was going to use that to my advantage. I thought once I gained the title of alpha, I would release the vampires. But one day, I knew I couldn't wait any longer."

Trey suddenly went completely silent and I stared up at him. His eyes seemed to fog over and I knew he was remembering the memories of those days. I took hold of his hand and rubbed my thumb across the back of it. He brought up our hands and kissed the palm of mine before continuing.

"That day, I witnessed something a boy of twelve shouldn't have." He sighed heavily. "There was a female vampire and she had a daughter. The two were caught by the Blood Moon Pack, and the woman, though a vampire, was beautiful even to the eyes of werewolves. The husband was killed by the pack, and the mother and daughter were held captive.