35

"Now, let's seal those little lips of yours." Jessica smirked at me.

I tried to open my mouth and retort back, but it didn't work. My lips were stuck in place, so I just glared at her. The witch simply laughed and waved off my look.

Jessica turned around and passed right through the door. The werewolf followed after her and instead of going through, he had to push open the doors. But I noticed that he did it quietly. In the position he was holding me, I couldn't look in front and see how the war was going on.

I wish I could've, but all I heard was the roars of werewolves. To my shock, the guy holding me turned around so I could see everything.

And it was just as Trey said. We were winning. The enemies had thinned out, and our side had more numbers standing. Immediately, I tried to find Trey among the crowd.

"Pity." The witch said. "Look at them. And they don't even know what's coming."

Her words made me stiffen. "What are you talking about?" I noticed I could talk now.

The witch seemed to have forgotten and just turned to me with a grin. "And they don't even know I've captured you." The witch had ignored my question. But that meant something else was coming. This wasn't it. Just as Trey and I thought.

Immediately, I called out Trey's name in our minds. I waited for a few seconds, but he never replied. I tried again and again. And still, no one replied.

"It's pointless." The witch said, startling me. "I've sealed your mind completely." And then she gave me a belittling look. "Not so weak now, am I?"

I stared at her. She really was self-conscious about being only a Halfling. And it was obvious she preferred to be known as a witch more than a werewolf. Jessica turned away from me to look at the lines of werewolves in front of us.

There was an extra line that specifically surrounded the dorm. There were about twenty of them and their backs were to us, so they didn't see us. But I needed to get their attention somehow. After all, if they saw us, they'd immediately attack to somehow get me out of the enemies' hands.

But then I remembered who the guy holding me was. He was an ally, who was just being controlled by the witch. He would probably look like a traitor to the rest of them. But I didn't want him to be wrongly hurt because of that.

"Who will save you now..." Jessica leaned towards me and whispered, "...human?"

I decided to not taunt her. She was able to block out my communication, but in the process, took away the effect to keep me silent. Now I could speak all I want. And immediately, I shouted,

"Trey!"

Everyone practically stiffened from my voice. The witch screeched with frustration and swiped at me, only to have her hands pass right through my body. The guard who was holding me tightened his hold to the point of pain. But I clenched my teeth, not wanting to show that I was hurt.

"Willow!" A voice howled.

It was a dark and low voice that rasped too much to be human. But I knew exactly who the voice belonged to. I would recognize his voice anywhere.

"Trey!" I shouted his name again.

I watched as werewolves literally flew from the lines of attack. And a large, silver werewolf, covered in blood, charged. The witch cursed loudly, all her attention on the werewolf coming straight towards us.

At first, I was slightly confused. The image of the werewolf was not what I was expecting. Trey had dark, black hair. Shouldn't his fur also be black as well then? And his eyes...his eyes were still orange, but the tint of red was more visible. Almost like...blood.