Volume 1 {Chapter 7: Jaunedice}

After a fight, the winner takes all the glory and fame and the loser gets shame and loss. The loser is always second but becoming second allows the potential to be first. The fight for the number one spot has always been in the mind of many gladiators in the ring but some do not care. For they do not see it as a victory, only as a means to protect.

Shortly after lunch was the afternoon classes, currently at History. Team RWBY, JNPR, and Y/N were at their seats and were paying attention to the teacher, Bartholomew Oobleck.

 Team RWBY, JNPR, and Y/N were at their seats and were paying attention to the teacher, Bartholomew Oobleck

{OBSERVE}

NAME: Batholomew 'Doctor' Oobleck

TITLES: The Green Flash, Speed Talker, Coffee Enthusiast, Doctor Oobleck, Historian

WEAPON: Thermos-Club {Antiquity's Roast}

SEMBLANCE: Ignite {Ability to give a fire-shield which increases endurance and make moves fire enhanced.}

FIGHTING STYLE: Traditional

INFO: A Doctor in terms of medicine and history, Bartholomew Oobleck will do whatever it takes to learn the past. From ancient ruins to ruined temples, nothing goes past the Doctor's eye. Applying for a Huntsman was the best solution to study more without the pressure of the law or deadline set by people. His reason for doing all of this: To ensure the past stay the past and the future doesn't follow its demise.

Doctor Oobleck was in the middle of discussing a lesson about the Faunus War, or formerly known as the Faunus Rights Revolution where humankind gave the populace an island at sea. While they were grateful for having a piece of land for themselves, only 20% of the island is made habitable due to the Grimm at the other part of the island.

Jaune sat away from his team and was falling asleep from Oobleck's very fast explanation as his mind can't understand what he was saying at all. Cardin sat above him with his legs propped above the seat. His hands were fine, thanks to Aura, but traumatic scars from Y/N made him use his mace more than his fist.

When Cardin returned, he glared hatefully at Y/N for making a fool at him. Especially at strength since he always believed that was his only strong point but after what Y/N did, Cardin will make sure he exacts revenge for what he has done.

Professor Oobleck then went to the front desk of the class and asked, "Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated against because of your Faunus heritage?"

Few hands were seen, with Velvet shyly raising hers as well. The Doctor merely nodded the answer. "Dreadful, simply dreadful." He even faked a tear but it was well-intentioned.  "Remember students, it is precisely this kind of arrogance that breeds violence."

After a moment of silence and a sip of coffee, The Historian continued. "I mean, look at the White Fang.  Once a peaceful rally against the Council and now, a group of supremacist hellbent of wiping out humanity because of our discrimination against their additional appendages. Now..." Oobleck went to another front desk. "Which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorists believe to be the turning point in the third year of the war?"