Volume 3 {Chapter 10: Dust to Dust}

(Yang's POV)

I was scared. What am I talking about, everyone gets scared sometimes. That's just life.

Well, would life make your mother leave you? Yeah, it would.

Would life make everyone around you hate you? Kinda.

Would life just up and leave without any sort of warning? Yes.

That's kinda my summary of what happened with Y/N.

Were it any other time, he would stick by us without saying a word. Don't know why he did it, but I was really glad he was there. Makes me feel... safe, you know?

He always had that sort of aura around him. Like someone who wants to be trampled upon for the sake of stress relief. And no, he's not that sorta guy... well, not that I know of... you get what I'm saying.

Anyway, he's so dependable at times when I just feel like I wanna break. Like during my fight with Mercury, I was so broken and fearful that I just... shut down. I wanted to prove my innocence, but how can I change the minds of everyone?

I wanted to cry out all those emotions right in front of my teammates, but my partner, Blake... I dunno what she wants me to think?

Should I accept that I hurt Mercury when he wanted to hurt me? Or believe everything everyone says?

It was so conflicting that a miracle that I didn't activate my Semblance.

Thankfully, they left before that happens.

I didn't know what they were talking behind the door, since I was so caught up in my head about all the different scenarios after the match?

Would I be suspended? Get detention? Kicked out of Beacon?

I don't want all of that! I want to stay here, with my friends! And my teachers! And my sister! And... and...

*Knock*

*Knock*

*Knock*

Someone at the door? Don't want anyone here right now.

"Go away..."

I'd rather be alone than to answer one of your questions.

"Yang, I want to help." Y/N? Is that you? "I know you didn't do it and I wanted to tell you that. Face to face."

Then why are you behind a door? Slightly chuckling, my mood went down since I know what he'll ask next. So, might as well get to it.

"... You won't ask me why I did it?"

"No."

... Huh?

"Because that's not the Yang I know. So please, can I come in?"

"... Go ahead."

Y/N opened the door and closed it hastily and sat down next to me. I didn't look at him since I don't wanna show him this side of myself.

He... didn't want to ask me? He doesn't care if I hurt another student? Would Y/N risk something so dangerous so that he can tell me himself?

...

He would... actually. If he did it to save a friend, Y/N would be there and save her.

And so... I listened to my heart and hugged him.

I could tell he was surprised, boys like him usually are. Thinking they got it all under control when actually, it was all for nothing.

His heartbeat was beating in my head in a slow rhythmic beat. He was so warm that, it makes my heart aflutter.