Volume 3 {Chapter 8: Decoy}

Tonight, it will all end. For it will either be the greatest of victory or shame of losing. For tonight...

The duels are coming to a close.

Ruby, without her team, ran to where the airbus landed and was about to watch the finals. Even after what happened last night, she still wanted to support her friends al the way to the end.

As she saw the line, Ruby saw a familiar duo that was hard to miss and called out his name. "Y/N!"

He turned around and caught Ruby in his chest before setting her down. "Ruby. Came here to watch Pyrrha's match?"

"You bet! Can't wait for Beacon to win!"

"Heh. Me too."

"Hello, Ruby."

"Hi, Aigis. Are you also excited for this match?"

"... Absolutely."

There was a short pause on her reply that Ruby cached and was wondering why she said it like that. Aigis looked at Y/N who only nodded and smiled at her, implying that she answered correctly.

Then what was the failing answer?

Before she could dwell on the matter, a flash of a camera caught her attention as she turned to a peculiar rabbit Faunus taking a photo of Y/N and Aigis.

"Hi, Velvet!"

"Oh, Ruby! How are you doing?"

"Nothing much. Just waiting to get in." She turned her eyes to her camera and asked what was she doing. "Hey, what are you doing?"

Velvet happily replied to her. "Oh, you know. Just practicing my photography." She then showed her the camera and the pictures in it.

Ruby thought she got their good sides and all that, but it was just pictures of weapons. Velvet took a picture of Y/N's back that had Joker and his shield, as well as Creed in it.

"That's... better." The reaper didn't know how to react to it and just, praises her.

The Faunus then spoke in a concerned tone as she holstered her camera. "I'm... sorry to hear about your sister. Is she doing okay"

"Yeah, she's fine, heh. Thanks."

"I think it's just awful what people are saying about her. Yang's such a nice person."

"Well... I'm glad someone thinks so."

"Most people don't know what it's like on the battlefield. I mean, even experienced fighters can get scared and start seeing things. If it happened to Coco, it can happen to anyone."

"Coco?"

"Yeah. She swore she saw Yatsu with her in the forest during the fight with Emerald and Mercury, but he never even made it out of the geyser fields. Stress-induced hallucinations, apparently."

"Yeah..."

The conversation died a bit after Velvet gave her own concern and gripe about what happened after as Ruby started to piece together the puzzle. Y/N highly praised her reasoning skills and the connection as it was her that made the plan crumble in the first place.

With no topics left to talk about, the two bid their goodbye and Ruby went back in line. Her head was thinking about all the reasons what is going on right now and what does it all mean.

Fortunately, Y/N stopped her by putting a hand on her head and rubbed it. "Don't worry your pretty little head. We got this."

Y/N let out a little something for the leader to work with as they moved inside. Ruby was even more confused, even Y/N knows whats going on?