Volume 2 {Chapter 8: Field Trip}

"They were here... Ozpin, they were here!"

Following the night after, Ozpin, Glynda, and James were in Beacon Tower as they are discussing the intruder last night. While there weren't any visible damages or tampering, it still put Ironwood on edge since his incompetent soldiers couldn't even stop a single assailant.

To be fair, they were only trained against Grimm. A highly trained assassin may be a bit above their pay grade.

Anyway, right now they are all discussing the situation and how to deal with the masses. Especially Ironwood.

Glynda has had enough of James's constant whining. "We're very much aware of that! Thank you, James."

"Fantastic! You're aware!" Ironwood stood before Glynda as he reminded her again. "Now are we going to do something about it or should we just stay the course and continue to ignore what is right in front of us?!"

Ozpin massaged his eyes as the constant bickering was giving him some annoyance. While it's true that he should do something about it since this person was able to gain temporary access to the Tower and he has no idea what she did, however, it will just gain more attention since a few people will be suspicious of why they are doing such measures.

Both sides of the coin are too valuable to pass up, however, the outcome of one coin will only bring demise in the other one. And Ozpin cannot handle any more sacrifices, not when he has all of the pieces properly put together.

Still, this incessant rambling is proving too much for him. So he prayed above that something will stop them.

Hearing an alarm going off, Ozpin thanked the stars above and stood up. The argument finally grew silent as they all looked to see who was outside their door. "Come in."

The door opened as Y/N and Ruby stepped into the room.

"Sorry, we're late. Someone accidentally pushed all of the buttons there." Ruby laughed slightly as it trailed off. 

"...Next time, I'll be the one." Y/N glared at her annoyingly, which made her shrink in embarrassment.

"Thank you for coming, Ruby, Y/N." Ozpin addressed the teens before him, his best pieces in the war coming. "How are you two feeling?"

"Just about... Wish I could have done something sooner." Y/N muttered an answer, feeling a bit down after letting the assassin escape.

"Okay, I guess... I'd feel better if my bad-guy-catching record wasn't 0-for-three." Ruby attempted a joke to lighten the mood on things...

Everyone just stared silently.

"... Awkward." Ruby lightly hits Y/N in the stomach, making him laugh a bit.

Ironwood then approached the two as he puts his hand on Ruby's and Y/N's shoulder. "Ruby, Y/N. I feel it's appropriate to let you two know that I think what you did is exactly what being a Hunter and Huntress is all about. You recognized the threat. You took action. And you did the very best you could."

"Thank you, sir." They both said to him.

Ozpin made himself known after the gratitude Ironwood gave them. "Now, the General here has already informed me of the events that... transpired last night. But now that the two of you have rested, we were wondering if you two had anything to add?"

"Was anyone else with her? Did she look familiar at all?" Glynda asked them, wanting to figure out the culprit already.

While Y/N could just very well unmask Cinder already since she was basically the only one to use glass weapons and have charcoaled hair. He could be walking into a trap or have suspicions targeted at him. The knowledge he wanted to share wasn't known after Vol.3 so the probability of them not threatening him was slim to none.