Volume 1 {Chapter 8: A 'Grove' Situation}

"This is the place, right? I stick it in?" Y/N asked Goodwitch, unsure whether it is in the correct way or not.

"Yes, that is correct. It may be a bit hard but if you push it in deep enough..."

A grunt escaped from his mouth as he tried to find a sweet spot. "Wow, you aren't kidding. It really is thick. I'll just have to-"

"Don't push it in too deep. It will only worsen it." Goodwitch grabbed his hand to show what Y/N did wrong. "Here."

"Ah, I see." With some strength, Y/N pushed it through with no resistance. "Hey, it's working. I can see the sap."

Shortly after leaving everyone, Y/N and Goodwitch went to their own trees to collect the sap from. Goodwitch was instructing Y/N the best way to get the sap from the trees instead of using a more barbaric method. "The red tree sap of the Forever Falls is a very delicious sap, and is used in many food products in Vale," Glynda explained to Y/N, eyeing the sap dripping in the jar. "You may taste some if you want."

Hearing the approval, Y/N swiped some from the nozzle and tasted some. "Oh, so that's the sap she used."

"'She'?" Glynda asked. Her eyebrow raising slightly.

"Oh, right. I'm working in a baking store called Monty's and the owner there, Ms. Belle makes these delicious jam-filled buns and this is the jam she used."

"Ah, I see."

"If you want, I'll get some for you and Ozpin."

"That would be grateful. Thank you."

And so, Y/N continued to let the nozzle to the work while conversing with Glynda on various topics. It made Glynda go into a good mood, a stress reliever to be honest; Y/N always had time to hear her out and help in ways that felt satisfactory to Glynda. If she didn't have this kind of job and Y/N was a tad bit older, she would've asked him out already.

Ozpin still asked questions to Y/N regarding his past and skill in combat, perhaps trained in some way due to how proficient he is in switching in a different type of weapon. Or his Semblance is versatile as deadly, like Glynda's Glyphs since he can change the output of his attacks by a large cut or a big explosion. However, Y/N still has no clue and that the words naturally flow into his power output.

But he let it be. What happens in the past, stays in the past.

His concentration was soon broken when he saw a couple of boys walking towards Goodwitch.

"Hey, Professor? One of our nozzles isn't working and now it's stuck on a tree."

Glynda nodded at the information and looked at Y/N. "Mr. L/N, stay here for the moment. I will assist students in need."

"Of course, Professor." Y/N replied as she went to the boys' direction, taking her away.

With a moment of silence to himself, he thought today felt too silent.

Oh, I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Slightly surprised, Y/N kept his composure and allowed the sap to continue dripping into the jar. 'What do you mean?'

He has appeared to seek vengeance.

He knew what he was pertaining to. Y/N can fell it, after all, the bloodlust coming from behind him. It seems Cardin had targeted him instead of Pyrrha.

Not Cardin. 'HIM'...

Y/N felt the {Demon} go to his left and turned. There he faced the grove of red-leafed trees behind Cardin and Jaune. He was confused as to what it meant, who's 'He'?