Chapter 6: Abilities (2)

Y/n POV

Almost half of the students in the gym have used the VR to test their abilities. Sana and I still haven't gone but I was thinking about going next.

Mr. Daesung had pressed the button, making the new girl- Chaeyoung appear. When she took off the headset, she was smiling, "can I go again?"

Everyone who had been through it was just staring at her in astonishment. Even Mr. Daesung was staring at her in shock.

He cleared his throat and said, "next please."

I looked around and noticed no one seemingly wanted to go. So I shrugged and raised my hand.

"Alright, put this on please." He stated.

As I was walking up to him I felt someone squeeze my hand, "Good luck." Sana told me.

I put on the headset and adjusted it to my size.

"Is there a pet you would like to bring with you?" Mr. Daesung questioned.

I was unsure. I wanted to prove I can do things myself but I don't want to be too reckless. Just as I was about to give my answer someone cut me off.

"Yes she does," I couldn't see who said it but I recognize the voice. It was Sana.

If Sana was wearing this I would probably want her dragon to go with her.

"You can summon your pet," Mr. Daesung told me.

I let out a long whistle and waited. No more than four seconds later, Marshmallow came barging through the gym door.

"Wait. That pet-" Mr. Daesung started.

I quickly interrupted him, "I'm ready."

I felt Mr. Daesung staring at me before he said, "Please have your hand on your pet and good luck."

I placed my hand on Marshmallow's head and waited for something to happen but nothing did. Is there something wrong with this?

I felt Marshmallow lick my hand.

"Marshmallow, do I take off the headset?" I asked, "lick my hand twice if it's a yes, once if it's a no."

Marshmallow licked my hand twice. I took off the headset.

Woah. This place is beautiful. It kind of reminds me of my first home in the mountains.

 It kind of reminds me of my first home in the mountains

I looked around and didn't see Marshmallow. Panic started to flow through my veins. She was just with me!

I felt a lick on my leg and looked down.

She was right next to me.

I mentally face palmed, "Your coat blends in with the landscape. I didn't see you."