Chapter - 18

"Sonu !!!" Swara could just whisper while lines formed on her forehead. Ragini who was still on call, heard whisper of Swara and didn't take much time for her to predict something was wrong.

"Shona, what happened ? What happened to Sonu ?" Ragini asked from other side but Swara wasn't in the state to answer her anything.

Swara with the fast steps marched towards couch where Sonu was lying with closed eyes sobbing little , she took her head in her lap. As soon as Sonu felt her mother's touch she opened her eyes and threw herself in her mother's embrace and started crying uncontrollably. Swara touched Sonu's forehead from where blood was oozing, she held her arm but as soon as she did, Sonu winced more in pain. Swara with confused eyes looked at Sonu's arm, which were red with marks of bruises. Her eyes too filled with tears seeing her daughter in pain but she had to compose herself for her daughter thus she broke the hug forcefully.

"Sonu, look at me and tell me what happened? ""Swara asked cupping both cheeks of Sonu but she didn't answer and kept looking down. Swara turned her gaze from Sonu to her Maa, dida and Sujata who were also standing clueless with worried face as hers. Swara again turned her gaze towards Sonu.

"Sonu, baby tell me what happened then only I can help you no." Swara said softly wiping Sonu's tears which were flowing continuously and signed Sharmistha to bring first aid box on which she nodded.

"Mumma, woh...." Sonu stammered when her crying turned into slow sobs and hiccups started. Swara brought glass of water and made her drink it while caressing her back.

Till then Sharmistha was also back with first aid box, Swara took it from her and started wiping Sonu's wound on forehead with cotton on which she winced with pain.

"Sonu, are you telling me or should I ask from your friends ?" Swara asked little sternly on which Sonu flinched little but still kept her mouth seal. Sharmistha kept her hand on Swara's shoulder pressing it little to calm her.

"Shona, dare you scold her." Ragini's loud voice came from other side who was still on call. On listening this Swara closed her eyes tightly and opened it after few minutes inhaling deep breath.

"Sonu, I'm asking for the last time." Swara again asked but this time with calm voice yet sternly and put bandade on Sonu's wound.

"Mumma, we all friends were playing cricket in the garden happily when my turn my came. I was happily moving to take my strike when out of no where that montu jadiya came and stood in front of me." Sonu stopped after saying this much. Swara who was applying ointment on her bruises, lifted her eyelashes to look at her that why she stopped.

"Sonu, will you stop telling me this in instalments ???" Swara asked with narrowed eyes on which Sonu looked at her with sad pout.

"Swara beta, shanti se. Calm down." Sujata said pressing her hand on Swara's shoulder on which she nodded sighing.

"I asked him what happened on which he snatched bat from me and said, if I wanna play then I should bring my bat. With an instant I too got angry and snatched my ball from him saying if he wanna play then he should bring his ball. On listening this he got double angry and pushed me on the ground calling me moti due to that I got hurt on my forehead and hands. While he started laughing loudly making my fun. That's when something striked into my mind, the ball which I was holding, I threw on him with full force which directly hit his stomach and he too fell on the ground beside me wincing in pain. I got up from the ground with difficulty and snatched his bat and started beating him. He was all shouting and wincing in pain but I didn't stop, how dare he push me and call me moti. Then some of our friends came and separated us. Taking it as an opportunity he ran away with a jet speed like a coward." At the end Sonu completed her sentence in one breath.