91

"One day she'll stop smiling.
All her dark jokes will become a reality.

That shadow that lingers in her eyes will come forward and turn a world of color to black and grey.

Her laugh becoming a distant memory.

With that invisible black hole in her chest growing larger by the day.

Slowly piece by piece she starts to fade away.
When she hears the echo of her only friends.

But there's a rope above her head, so close but still so far away.
She's struggled too much,
Little does she know she's
Flushed her whole life down the drain.

When the anger and hate build up and everything aches so much it's almost numb. It's not though and hurts worse than a shark bite, a migraine or a broken leg.

All those smiles she gave away? Those were filled with soul because she wore it on her sleeve.

She's learned the hard way, people like her? They're put here to bring smiles and joy until everyone around them is ok.
They take all the pain around them in like a sponge.

Her hair becomes scattered as her facade falls away.

When her screams of enthusiasm turn to quiet whispers of pain she doesn't want an 'are you ok?'

It is after all this she finally caves away.
She leaves, leaving only a trail of smiles and a record of her pain."

-L