88

"Your smile like the sun.
Your thoughts like night.

Your laughter like bells.
Your eyes crying out for help.

You always seem to glow but yet there always seems to be a shadow hanging over you.

You always make others laugh, no matter the cost.
Crying makes you uncomfortable because it only reminds you of what you've yet to deal with.

You look for light in the dark because you're tired of being batteries to someone else's flashlight.

You're insecure but you help others deal with their insecurities.

You protect others but you keep the damage you've done to yourself hidden away.

You tell others to be strong but the only thing keeping you here is fear and determination to be something great.

You paint yourself a beautiful future because the past is a shadow and the present is a heavy weight on your chest.

You think all of this, all within a single glance.

A single glance in the bathroom mirror and you can see all the damage you've done.

The mirror is where everything you fear looks you straight in the face.
You and I are looking at the same mirror and it's sad that even though we are the same we're completely different.

You acknowledge your pain and try to change while I live a life of ignorance."

-L