You're Not Okay (A Criminal Minds)

Aaron:
It's been two weeks since Haley died. Aaron's relationship with Jack has grown closer but Aaron will never be the same. He had conferences with multiple advisors and they all settled on that Aaron killed out of self defense and to protect his family.

They granted him a few months to get himself together, but honestly, he won't be able to bring himself together. Not without someone to pull it out of him. I stand at his doorstep in my pajamas, fluffy slippers and a duffel bag slung around my shoulder. I knock and a few moments later, Aaron opens the door.

He's still in his suit, which leads me to believe that he just got home, and it was 11:00 p.m. "Y/N, is everything alright?" "That's a question I should be asking you." He motions for me to come in and I do so. He closes the door and faces me with his hands on his hips. "Jessica just let a few minutes ago. And she told me that earlier today, Jack was crying because he missed his Mom.. and.." He trails off and I set down my things before embracing him in a hug.

His body engulfs mine as he wraps his arms around my waist. He rests his face into my hair and his chest shakes it silent sobs. "Oh, Aaron." "I don't know how to function without her." He whimpers. I hush him and caress the back of his neck. "Where's Jack?" I whisper. "He's asleep," he sniffles.

I rub his back and gently rock him back and forth. He follows my movements and releases a shaky breath every now and then. "Hey, how about you take a nice long shower, and I make you some coffee and a quesadilla. Sound good?" Hotch doesn't move and he holds me closer to him. Or not...

I lead him into his bed and push him under the covers. I lay on his chest and he leans his face into my hair again. "I'll always be here if you need me, Aaron. I promise." I say.