Butterflies

"OH MY GOD! MUM! CALL AN AMBULANCE PLEASE, MY BOYFRIENDS FALLEN AND HE'S NOT GETTING UP HELP ME!" I screamed down the corridor of our flat, at my mum.

"PICK UP YO' POSTER AN' SHUT THE FUCK UP KAYLA, I'M WATCHIN' TV"

Wow. Love you too, Mum. Christ, it's not my fault i'd like a bit of attention every now and then. That's all she ever did anymore, sit in front of the TV, drinking a bottle of Brother's, eating Twiglets. Personally, I think Twiglets taste like you'd ate a stick of dried dirt that'd just been shoved up a camel's ass. But whatever.

Anyway, ever since Dad left, yeah, that's pretty much all my mother ever bothered to do. It's her fault, really, I mean it was her who slept with John, my Uncle. In our flat. In their room. While my dad was home. ''E's just gonna 'elp me fix the wardrobe 'innit John?' She'd said. Yeah. Sure thing mum. They don't even have a wardrobe.

I, of course, found the whole situation hilarious at the time. I mean, at 12 years old, what kind of child doesn't find a bit of drama funny? The only thing I wasn't happy about was the fact I had to stay living with her. She doesn't get me. My own mother, doesn't know anything about her only daughter. Her only child for that matter. My father, however, was my best friend. I'd gone to numerous concerts, festivals, book fairs, you name it, with him.

But oh well. Who cares about my crappy life? Not me. Anyway i'll stop babbling and get on with life now.

I'm Kayla. 16. Waist-length, straight, dark red, kinda maroon-ish coloured hair, dark, almost navy blue eyes. About 5ft.9-ish. Awkward as hell. I'm way too pudgy. No life. No friends. Well. A friend. But we'll get to that later. No social life, unless social media counts, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr etc. Like, i'm way cooler on the internet.

Whatever. Anyway.

I lifted the poster up off of the floor, and blu-tacked it back onto the wall. Seeing as it's actually 11:47pm, I guess should probably go and sleep. Eh. Okay. Changed into my Batman onesie, (Bc swag) I climbed into my all-black bed, and plugged my earphones in. It's absolutely impossible for me to sleep without music. It's a necessity. Centuries by Fall Out Boy started playing. I sighed, mentally, knowing i'll never see them, meet them, in person. I slowly dropped off, drifting into sleep.

/~\~/~\~/~\~/~\

The next morning, I woke up suddenly, to find a pale, slightly demented looking face right above mine. Obviously, being the jumpy, little wimp I am, I rapidly rolled off of the bed, onto the floor, screaming.

"OH MY FUGGING CHRIST JAMES YOU BASTARD!" I squealed. James is my slightly older, 6ft 2, brown haired, green eyed, incredibly handsome best friend.

Too bad he's gay

"Good morning to you too, Kay" He said, in his adorable little Scottish accent. It's impossible staying mad at James. "You know you should really get dressed, the Griffalo's gonna murder you if you don't show up on time again"

Shit. Shitshitshitshitshit. 'The Griffalo' is our Form Tutor in school. Mr.Griffin is his actual name, but he actually looks exactly like The Gruffalo, you know, from the book? It's just our little nickname for him that kinda stuck.

"You couldn't have woken me up earlier?" I shouted at James from the bathroom connected to my room.

"But you just looked so cute and innocent lying there like a demented starfish! I couldn't miss the opportunity!"

Oh fuck, here we go "Opportunity for what, James?" I sighed.

"Well.... Uh.... I maybe kinda sorta sent it to Joe" I could practically hear him getting ready to run away.

I immediatly stopped applying my mascara. I'm so gonna murder him. "You didn't. No. James, no. You...No. Please."

"Come on Kayla, you know he likes you. Fancies you. Not even that, I'm pretty sure he'd murder any guy that comes your way."

"BUT THE BUTTERFLIES, JAMES. THE BUTTERFLIES. IT'S CREEPY. BUTTERFLIES ARE NOT A NORMAL OBSESSION FOR A 16 YEAR OLD BOY TO HAVE. Anyway, you only want me to get with him cause you want every opportunity to stare at his ass. Admit it." I smirked.

"HEY. NO, OKAY, NOT COOL. Don't use the gay thing to your advantage... Even if your are right...." He barely whispered that last part, but I have ears like a bat.

"I KNEW IT. HAH." I happy danced' out of the bathroom, grinning at James, while he was blushing like a tomato trying desperately to hide his face. "Anyway, whatever. I don't care. Gay guys have fantasies too." I winked at him. "Lets go"

I was wearing the normal, boring school uniform: white shirt, red and yellow tie, navy blazer, black skirt, tights and black pumps. It was mid-winter though, so I wore a black V-neck jumper too. James constantly whined that the uniforms weren't 'Snazzy' or 'Cute' enough, but what did he expect? Pink jumpsuits and cat onsies?

~Majestic time jump to arriving at school, bc I'm not exciting enough to make a 20 minute walk interesting~

We arrived at the gates, and James, being the perfect goodie-two-shoes that he is, abandoned me to get to Form on time. The first thing, or person, I saw was Julia - Queen Bitch. Julia was the typical popular 'bad-ass' girl, who basically owned the entire school. And she was the school slut, always wearing her skirt only maybe, a third of the way down her thighs, accompanied with stockings, 2 or 3 buttons undone on her shirt, big, bright bottle green eyes, and perfectly straight, butt-length blonde hair. The boys loved her, with the exception of James of course, but that was only half because he despised her almost, if not more, than I did. Julia also led the 'Hey-Let's-Embarrass-The-Shit-Out-Of-Kayla' group, along with the other 5 of her bitches, and half of the football team. Today though, I was honestly not in the mood for her shit, so I just crept around the back of the school, and went in, using the door to the Drama room to get inside.

Monday's are always the worst. Just get it over with. Sit at the back. Don't talk, don't make eye-contact, don't even lift your eyes from the floor. Maybe then you can keep from embarrasing yourself horribly, as usual.

**********

OHMG I'M CRINGING SO BAD AT THIS I'M SORRY.

THIS IS MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT WRITING, I KNOW IT'S BAD. SORRY.

I'LL INTRODUCE DAN SOON ;) DON'T WORRY.

I'LL TRY TO MAKE EACH UPDATE AT LEAST, OR AS CLOSE TO 1000 WORDS.

WHAT DO YOU THINK? WHAT SHOULD I CHANGE? CAN I MAKE IT BETTER? SUGGESTIONS?