Pink

Kayla's POV.

I hardly got any sleep last night. I don't know why, maybe the thought of actually leaving the house for once. Maybe the thought of seeing Dan again. Come on. Who are you kidding. He wouldn't want you. Why would he?

Dan had texted me earlier in the week to say when and where the party was, so that wasn't a problem. Hot boy's number. #Winning!

Because it was already 5 o'clock, and the party started at 7, I'd had a shower and had started on my make-up. Just to make sure you don't go looking like a tramp.

Just then, I heard the window open, and a 'thud', followed by a giggle fit.

"Could you be any louder?" I fake-whined.

"Sorry babes" Why? Just why?

"Jay, come on we've had this conversation, do-"

"Yeah yeah, whatever, shut the fuck up and get dressed." Jesus. What's up with him? I immediately got up and walked over to him, placing my hands on his shoulders.

"James. What's wrong? You can tell me, you know." I told him, looking him in the eye.

He sighed. "Caroline's pregnant again." He carried on staring at the wall. "Probably just some other stoned guy half her age, probably just another kid that's gonna die before they're even alive." I could see the pain in his eyes. "I'm surprised I made it out alive, you know?"

"James. Look at me" He slowly lowered his eyes to meet mine. "I'm sorry, okay? I'm sure it'll be fine, hasn't your mother been getting better lately?" I inquired.

"She's not my mother." He mumbled. "But no, not really. She picked up again on the needles last week."

"I'm sorry" I hugged him tighter. "We don't have to go, you know. I can call and say we won't make it?"

"No, no, I know how much you want to go, so we will. We'll go, get pissed, and get our men! Well. You will, anyway." Oh, James. "Now! I'm going to have a shower, and I wantt your skinny little arse to be in those shorts by the time I come out, okay? Ciao." He skipped off into the bathroom, carrying his clothes, with me giggling after him.

~~~

"We can't exactly go empty handed." James stated. "It's like going to a friend's birthday party all like 'yeah, I didn't get you a present, I just came for the booze.' You know?"

He does have a point.

"Well," I thought for a moment. "We can just nick a crate of beer or something from downstairs, it's not like we're short of it or anything."

"Okay. Sure. Sounds good." He shrugged.

~~~

We had to walk to Will's place which didn't really bother me, considering he only lived about 5 minutes away. It was incredibly easy to find, seeing that there was music blaring out of the house and pink tinsel scattered around on the roof.

"KAYLA. IT'S PINK" James jumped up and down. "AND SPARKLY. COME ON" He, near enough, sprinted up to the house and waited, tapping his foot. "Yeah. It's fine. Take your time. We're all getting younger."

"Calm your tits, I've been awake since 3 o'clock, give me a break." I walked up to him and poked him in the side. "Piggy back?"

"Of course, m'lady" He crouched down, allowing me to get onto his back. He walked the rest of the way to the house, and pressed the doorbell. "You do realise you only had to walk about 4 meters to get here." He said.

"Yup." I told him, popping the 'p'.

"Lazy bitch" He poked my leg.

A few moments later the door opened, and there stood the most adorable, fluffy haired guy in the world.

"U-uhm. Hey. Uh. Hi, c-come in." He smiled. Lord help me.