He, She, You.

(Like, wtf is that title.)

Kayla's POV.

Why would he do that?

You don't deserve him.

He obviously doesn't want you.

He wants her.

She's better than you.

Prettier than you.

Probably smarter than you.

Thinner than you.

Not as awkward as you.

Not you.

He was probably just showing you.

Showing you there was no chance.

You'll never be with him.

He doesn't want you.

They were the thoughts swirling around in my mind all night. It wasn't by choice, it was as if he'd just completely taken over the accessibility to my brain.

After I walked out on them, I went upstairs to seek out James. I found him in one of the many, many bedrooms, just sat there. Neither of us were drunk, we hadn't even touched a can. We knew what it could do.

As soon as I shut the door behind me I burst out into sobs, sliding down the wall with my arms covering my face.

I felt James immediately rush over, picking me up and carrying me onto the bed.

"Kayla," he whispered while placing me on his lap, my head on his chest. "What did he do?"

I knew he'd know what was up. He always did.

"H-he" I paused taking deep breaths, trying to regain myself. "He doesn't want me James." I sniffled. Stop being such a baby. Grow up.

He rubbed my arm in an attempt to console me. "How do you know that? Did he say?"

"Well, uh, no, but it was pretty damn obvious." I mumbled.

"Well then!" He exclaimed. "Wait, what do you mean 'Pretty damn obvious'? Did he do something?" He looked me in he eyes, his full of concern, worry, and a slight hint of anger.

"Well, first off I walked in on him making out with Alice. You know, Will's girlfriend? She was all over him, and it wasn't as if he was pulling away."  I sighed. "I'm not really sure why I'm disappointed. It's not as if he's my boyfriend."

James nodded, encouraging me to go on.

"Alice like, started screaming, jumping around and shit," I said waving my arms around. "Dan then started doing the whole 'oh let me explain' shit, but I just left, you know? I knew what he was going to say. It was like in the movies, you get me?"

James nodded and opened his mouth to say something but then closed it again, thinking for a moment. "Don't, uhm, are you sure you saw it right? Could it have been a, uh, misunderstanding, maybe?" His eyebrows furrowed, waiting for an answer.

"I don't think so. You know. He's a guy, that sort of shit happens doesn't it? I don't know. I'm new to this James. I'd rather not, like, go and confront him or anything, it'd just make things even more complicated." He nodded slightly, showing me he understood. "Anyway, uh. Shouldn't you like, go and hunt down your own boyfriend? Check he hasn't drowned himself in the sink somehow?"

"Oh. Uh. Maybe. Um. Are you gonna be okay? I mean, I don't want to leave you if you're going to, I don't know, go all ape-shit and stuff." He smiled.

"Whatever. Bye. Love you. Ta ra." I pushed him off if the bed, resulting in a loud bang.

He groaned, and got up. "Mmhmm. Love you too." He flipped me the finger, and walked out.

Sighing, I laid down and closed my eyes, but not going to sleep. A few minutes later, I heard footsteps approach, and the door open.

"How's your fuck-buddy then?" I asked.

"I, um, what? Sorry, uh." A deep, slightly croaky voice said.

Shitfuckballs. That's not James.

Although, it still works.

I opened my eyes, revealing the same awkward, adorable guy I loved.

Loved? Did I love him? Do I love him?

"Get out." I told him. His eyes sunk a little, and stepped a little closer.

"Please. Listen, Kayla. Can I just explain? I swear, if you still don't want to see me after then I promise I will walk out and you'll never have to see me again. Just, please." He looked as if he could burst out into tears at any time. Why?

He continued stepping forward, so I put a hand out in front of me. "No, Dan. Please." Christ, why am I such a bitch?

He completely disregarded what I said and pushed my hand aside sitting down next to me, cupping my face with his hands.

"Please." He whispered, a small tear escaping his eyes. Why the fudgenuggets is he crying?

I nodded slightly, shedding a tear of my own. I let my eyes close, put my hands on top of his, and concentrated on the warmth coming from his hands.

I suddenly felt a pair of lips press against mine, and it felt like all oxygen had been taken away from the room. I froze for a moment, getting the same feeling in the pit of my stomach as when we first kissed.

Giving in, I kissed back, savouring the feel of his soft lips on mine. You're too soft, Kayla.

He pulled away sighing, looking me in the eyes, and sat up properly.

"Okay, so, uh, I guess um, I guess I should tell you now." He had a slightly forlorn look about his face.

"Probably."