5: Cold Skin (one)

Zhan stormed out of his room dragging his suitcase with him, Cheng following behind. They're about to reach the main entrance when they've heard their Shijie's adorable laughter.

"Who is she talking to?" Cheng amusedly asked.

They followed where the sound is coming from, Cheng gasped in disbelief, while Zhan's detest grew even greater. In his vision, his beloved Shijie seemed to be enchanted by the little devil, Yibo.

Both of them coming from the kitchen, both wearing an apron, Yan Li carrying cutleries and bowls, whereas Yibo carries a pot, which smells like Zhan's favourite Lotus soup. Her Shijie is smiling widely at Yibo, and he could barely see a small curl in Yibo's pokerface. When the two saw Zhan and Cheng, Yibo's small smile faltered.

Zhan lose his temper yet again, making his rampage towards Yibo, ransacking his briefcase for something. Once he found what he was looking for, he whacked it on the dining table, stunning the other three.

It was a chequebook.

"Write whatever amount you need, and disappear from our lives!" Zhan roared like a beast.

"Zhan..." Cheng called to him, seeing his cousin's rage was out of line. He felt the situation between their campus Prince and his cousin is awkward, but he knows Yibo is innocent in this matter as well. That marriage is their grandma's idea, and Yibo is a victim in this as well. But Zhan shrugged his hand away, continuously eyeing Yibo with hatred.

Yanli plead, "A-Zhan, please calm down..." clutching Yibo's arm, as if she is siding with Yibo, which hurts Zhan's pride even more.

"What else do you want?! House? Car? Tell me what you want and I'll give it to you! You gold digger!"

"A-Zhan!" Yanli cried.

Yibo kept silent and expressionless, carefully placing down the pot he was holding, then walked closer Zhan.

In their minute distance, Zhan clearly saw the effect of his words. Those beautiful brown eyes of Yibo, becomes darker, drawing him to regret ever saying those rude words. He also realized, though Yibo's face is impassive, it is through his eyes which one could understand what he feels, and Zhan could see that his contemptous words have hurt Yibo badly.

However, Yibo still did not say anything to him. Instead, he just walked past Zhan, bumping his shoulder as he went. The coldness, made something cracked inside Zhan's chest, he was stoned in place, unable to move.

After a short while, they heard Yibo's steps down the stairs. Cheng and Yan Li run towards him in concern seeing he is carrying his bag on his back, but Yibo disregarded their presence. He walked towards the door, and though the guards halted his way, he just brushed past them.

"Let him go." Zhan commanded the guards, noticing their thoughts of whether to follow Yibo or not.

"Should we not at least drive him outside the property? He might get lost!" Cheng thought.

"Leave him be! If he is confident to walk away, he should know his way out." Zhan angrily replied.

Zhan exited the house afterwards, carrying the lingering heaviness in his chest. He is actually not a bad person, but when it comes to Yibo, he can't understand why he can't control his anger.

He drove away the mansion, aiming to go to the Wei's family home, which is still within the Jiang family grounds.

He saw Yibo's silhouette in the distance, but he did not even dare blink an eye towards him. "Let's see if you'll find your way out." He smirked as he passed by him.

Once he reached his destination, inevitable sadness engulfed him. His eyes pained as memories passed by his vision. Illusions of his parents' faces, laughs and voices overwhelmed him. "I'm back." Zhan uttered inaudibly with a sad smile.

-------
Author's note:

As you can probably see, I write the chapters without having deep thoughts of the words I use, so many words are used repetitively. I just freely write, so less stress for me and quicker updates! 🙈 please don't judge ✌

9-Mar-2020