13: Losing You (one)

Zhan hastily ran out the house, only picking up his car key in his rush. Not even wasting a minute to change his house clothings as he darted out. He did not even realize, Yibo's piercing gaze as he saw him passed by the room he was in, making him feel like an invisible ghost.

Silently breaking, Yibo watched him left just like that. He understood then, Zhan had already made up his mind and had made a choice.

"Knock. Knock." Cheng verbally knocked on the door to get Yibo's attention. When he twisted his neck to turn to Cheng, he wasn't sure, but he thought he saw him smirking like he's got a plan of some sort.

"Hey. Do you want to see your family?" Cheng queried, his brows almost touching each other, like he was annoyed to even ask that.

Yibo did not reply, thinking of his motive.

"Aish. Come on! If you plan to escape, this is your chance!" He presented the facts that Zhan and his grandma aren't around to hinder Yibo's escape. Which is true, it is the perfect timing to gain back his freedom. "If you want to leave, I'll help you." Cheng offered.

To walk away, wasn't a hard choice for Yibo. He isn't a clingy man. And he knew the least interaction he has with Zhan, the easier it would be for them both to forget that their fate had crossed once in their lifetime.

Whatever the jitters he felt for him, he doesn't even have to understand if he leaves right there and then.

So with an easy resolve, he took Cheng's offer.

Both exited the Jiang's property without any of the Jiang family knowing. Cheng drove Yibo back home to his Uncle without anymore words said. They only gave a nod to each other when Yibo got off Cheng's car.

Yibo's Uncle, Lan Qi Ren, instantly rushed over him like he was waiting for his return all that time they've been apart. Welcoming him back and pulling him inside their house as if he wanted to hide him from the world.

Old Qi Ren held both of Yibo's shoulder, worriedly asking what they've done to him. But Yibo kept his mouth shut. He doesn't want to discuss anything that had happened over the Jiang's.

"We have to leave immediately! They might come back and take you again!" his Uncle cried anxiously.

Yibo nodded blankly without giving a chance for himself to have second thoughts. Both started packing the essentials in their belongings, and in half an hour, they're ready to go.

"We should call your brother. He works for them. We should cut off all our connections with them!" Qi Ren said while they load their things in the trunk of their old car.

'Cut off connections completely.' Yibo thought of Zhan that instance. His voice. His pretty face. His lovely smile. His warmth. His kiss. All of that will just be a memory.

'And so what?' he told himself as he got in the car. '1 day of our lives is nothing compared to their years of togetherness.' There is a slight bitterness in there but he doesn't want to think anymore regarding that.

His Uncle drove through the streets while thinking where they could hide from that powerful family. Whereas Yibo tried to reach his brother's phone. It took him several trials until Xi Chen finally picked up, and whatever his brother said, digged a hole in Yibo's chest.

It could either be good or bad depending on one's perspective.

14-Mar-2020