24: Hug Me

Zhan's attention was transfixed at an old photo he'd stolen from Yibo's childhood photobook. It was a photo of a chubby-cheeked 4 years old Yibo giving a kiss on his handsome 8 years old self.

"What a wonderful souvenir!" He chuckled elated, replacing the photo display on the side table with that one. "I'll make sure to capture a recent one of the same act one of these days!" He eagerly swore laying flat on his back satisfied with his simple mischief of stealing that picture.

His idleness needs to come to an end sooner or later, as his work keeps piling up. Indefinite leaves surely isn't gonna work for a Vice President of a huge company and the old geezers of the Board of Directors aren't fond of his absence at a crucial point of the financial year.

Thinking he has to leave Yibo makes his chest ache. Just the thought of being apart, already makes him miss the younger one, it is driving him crazy.

Zhan caressed Yibo's empty side on the bed, turning his sight to the bathroom where Yibo is currently in. He focused on the sound of water splashes coming from the shower letting out a long breath, wishing he could barge in and cuddle his cute fiancé that instance. But he doesn't have the guts, "He would definitely kill me if I ever dare take one step inside!" he chuckled dryly with his naughty thoughts. "I can't wait 'till you'll be completely mine, Didi. Keep you by my side all the time. Cuddle and kiss you to my heart's content." He again sighed, closing his wishful but tired eyes.

Few moments later, he heard the bathroom door open and Yibo's footsteps nearing his side. Zhan gaped at Yibo's freakin' handsome face, looking like a badass protagonist straight out from a gangster movie with his cold intimidating gaze. His dripping brown hair against his pure white complexion and his slightly ajar reddish lips, are all too much for Zhan's feeble heart to bear.

As Yibo came near him, he can only gulp the lump in his throat in temptation and grip on the plushie Minion Yibo had childishly brought back from the Lan's. If that stuffed toy has life, he is sure it would've been dead within his grasp by now.

"H-Hey!" Zhan greeted him, nervous of Yibo's sharp gaze while climbing up the bed. "I-Is there a m-matter?" Zhan stuttered. 'Why am I even nervous?' he asked himself.

"Mine." Yibo hissed.

Zhan looked confused. "Huh?"

"Mine!" Yibo repeated with a snarl.

Zhan looked around and saw nothing in that direction except himself. A playful smirk crossed his face. "I'm all yours baby, no need to be too possessive, hm?" He reached out to pinch his soft cheeks but it was immediately smacked away. "Ouch! Why did you hit me?"

"That's mine!" Yibo's voice grew louder and angrier.

"Which is yours?!" Zhan yelled back definitely dumbfounded of Yibo's temperament.

Yibo can't hold his temper any longer therefore, he leaned over and snatched what is his.

"WHAT THE...?!" Zhan exclaimed astounded of Yibo's possessiveness of that..."that Minion?!"

Yibo gave him another glare before turning his back, sitting at the edge of the bed, giving a pat on his beloved toy.

"Lan Yibo! That is so childish! Why would you yell at me just for that! You even hit me!" Zhan complained sitting up, hands on air, frustrated. Suddenly he remembered Lan Xi Chen's words telling him that Yibo is afraid of the dark and can't sleep alone unless he's hugging something. And that Minion stuffed toy, is his current 'bitch'.

'Does he even need that?! I'm here, you know?!' Zhan cussed inside his mind. His jealousy over that inanimate object arose within him and he rudely took the yellow stuffy from Yibo's embrace. "I won't let this alien be your mistress!"