22: Day 1 (I Will)

The green concoction in a square box looks peculiar and untrustworthy, yet Yibo doesn't want another go in offending Zhan. Gazing at Zhan's expectant smiling face, he dipped his spoon on the meal. Everything in there looks abnormally soppy, over-cooked he guessed. The vegetable shapes, a bit abstract.

"Have you tried this?" Yibo queried, feeling doubful.

Zhan nodded, honestly answering. "A bit."

"And?" Yibo furthered.

"And?" Zhan thought for a moment. "I don't like leafy stuffs. I only prefer meat and spices." Was his answer.

'If he is still alive, then it might not be too bad.' Yibo thought. He can now only pray for his stomach not to be upset when he ingests the food.

And he was right. The ingredients were over-cooked. They melted in his mouth without even having to chew. It was also salty, but not too much to grieve about. So when Zhan excitedly ask, "How is it?"

Yibo fairly answered, "Passable." without giving a fuss.

"Really?!" Zhan happily exclaimed. "I'm glad you like it!" His sunshine smile was too dazzling, Yibo averted his eyes, finishing his meal in a flash.

"Let me cook for you again." Zhan bargained, which made Yibo choke. Did he just dug his own grave?

"No!" He immediately protested which made Zhan frown. Annoyed at himself, Yibo can't bare seeing Zhan upset and so he offered, "I'll cook for you." making Zhan's eyes sparkle in delight, partly because he loves food too much and partly because it was Yibo offering to cook for him. The two things he loves the most.

"Promise?" he offered his pinky finger which Yibo keenly grabbed with his own finger. "Mn."

"You're the best, Bo-di!" Zhan exclaimed grabbing Yibo's face. He was too overjoyed, he recklessly pulled Yibo's face and claimed his lips without pausing to ask for permission. Those soft plump lips of Yibo are too addicting, once he started, Zhan already forgets the world and can't let it go.

The dazed Yibo blinked one after the other, watching Zhan's beautiful long lashes upclose. He can't decipher why he wasn't pushing him away. Or why he started reciprocating his smooches after a while. All he knows is that his body reacts to Zhan's warm breath and the warmth of his skin delicately sends shivers all over his body.

In the middle of his internal discourse, Yibo asked himself yet again, 'Do I love him?'

'Have I fallen for him completely?'

The answers to those questions are now apparent to him. Like falling uncontrollably in a black hole, he felt he cannot escape it anymore.

Love, indeed, is inevitable.

Zhan pulled away when he realized Yibo had stopped breathing and had turned rigid. His face was full of worry apologising, "I'm sorry! I was carried away!"

He swore he would be patient and he can wait, "What have I done?!" Zhan pulled his hair and moved away reflecting on his drastic actions. "I'm sorry, Bo-di. I won't do it agai---"

His words become muffled and it was now his turn to stare at Yibo's dark alluring lashes. Yibo had grabbed his nape and pulled him close. Lost in thoughts, Zhan let Yibo dominate his lips. His lips' movements were awkward and inexperienced, but Zhan loved this purity. 'My virgin, fiancé.' he fondly sniggered inside his mind.

Their lips continuously brushed against each other. Until Yibo ran out of breath and had to pull away to gasp some air. Realizing what he had done, embarassment slapped him hard, crimson colour instantly crawled on his nape and ears. He let his head hung low leaning on Zhan's shoulder, panting, while trying to shroud his disheveled expression.

A soft laugh escaped Zhan's swollen mouth, while his careful arms encircled around Yibo's waist and back. "I love you." He claimed, kissing Yibo's temple. A tear impending to fall from his ducts.

Those three words are clinche but it perfectly defined what he feels for the man.

He loves him.

He had fallen too quick and too deep. But he has no complains nor regrets.

And there's nothing else he would ask for, except for Yibo to love him back. So when he heard Yibo's "Mn." and felt a soft peck on his neck, he knew exactly what he meant.

"I love you, Yibo." He repeated letting his tear fell completely. "Will you marry me?"

"I already said, I will." Yibo answered shyly, opening his mouth and engraving his mark on Zhan's collar.

----------
Author's note:

Okay I can't easily let go of LWJ's habit of biting 🙈 sorry, Zhan, please endure Yibo's bite from now and forever 🙈🤣

I decided to let them realize their feelings, so now I can concentrate on their family and wedding!

Cheers 👍

29-Mar-2020