10: Bile

Yibo wanted to avert his gaze, but Zhan's lean back made him unable to. The skin was void of any blemishes. The muscle curving perfectly with his motions. His broad shoulder and thin waist...Yibo's chest suddenly raced and before he knew it, he was stupidly gaping with awe at that ruthless man.

Shame dawned at him when Zhan noticed him starstruck like a maniac. Thus, he hid himself under the blanket, scolding his stupidness.

He felt the bed dipped on his side, his pulses misfiring quickly. But it was the slender arms, caging him into a tight embrace which brought him to his wit's end. He laid there stationary immobile as his heart continuously banged in his chest.

There was literally no gap in between their bodies. Zhan's body heat enveloping his cold body.

"Yibo..." Zhan muttered against Yibo's nape, his voice almost a whisper.

"I'm sorry." He held Yibo tighter as he said those words, making Yibo shudder, as his breath tickled his skin.

Zhan leaned his forehead against Yibo's shoulder, apologizing, "I'm sorry for my rude words. I'm sorry for forcing you. I'm sorry for blaming you. I'm at fault, not you. So, I am sorry."

Yibo's heart cried inside, overwhelmed by Zhan's sincerity. "Mn." he answered, slightly nodding. He did not see Zhan's face but he felt his face forming a smile. "Thank you." Zhan whispered, planting a peck on Yibo's nape.

After he said those words, he let his exhaustion take over his tired body, his breathing slowed down, and he fell into a peaceful slumber.

Yibo closed his eyes as well, and with Zhan's breathing rhythm serving as his lullaby, not long after, he also fell into unconsciousness.

-------

Eyes still tired, Yibo rubbed them and saw the blue handkerchief Zhan had prettily tied on his hand. The bow he made, still in perfect symmetry.

He is still admiring the cloth, when he heard a cough. He turned his head and saw two figures standing like mannequins by the door, making him sit up quickly. The weight from his side shifted making him turn his head down, seeing Zhan's arm who'd kept him comfortable all throughout the night.

He then realized why Yan Li and Cheng's eyes are wide open staring at him. They've just found out they've slept together, cuddling all night, to add in that!

"T-That...!" Cheng pointed at him which makes him puzzled.

"Cheng, will you shut up? You're worsening my headache." Zhan shifted closer to Yibo's side, eyes still closed, while his arm claimed back its position over Yibo's body.

"What have you been doing all night?!" Cheng charged removing Zhan's arm on Yibo making him grunt and sit up in annoyance.

He lazily smiled as a greeting to his cousins. Then turned his head towards Yibo. His tired eyes, suddenly opened wide letting out an awkward chuckle as he buttoned up Yibo's shirt. "There. There. All done." He patted his chest.

Yibo was just watching the three. Unable to think why Zhan buttoned up his shirt. And why Cheng looks irritated. Or why Yan Li has that knowing-look. He doesn't know what to do or say, until Yan Li approached him and said, "Wash up and come to the dinning. We've brought lunch. Let's eat together."

Her smile is too kind, Yibo's lips almost turned up to reciprocate hers. "Mn." Yibo shortly answered, making his way to the bath.

He was doing his business, washing his face, but when he saw the reflected image in the mirror, his eyes widen in shock. There were small bruise-like marks on his neck. He undo his shirt and saw some on his chest as well.

These are obviously, Zhan's love marks.

He realized that was the reason Cheng was pointing at him first thing that morning, and why Zhan buttoned up his shirt.

He was so embarrased he started rubbing them off even if he knows it was pointless.

Meanwhile, inside the room, Cheng was shaking Zhan vigorously. "What did you do to him?! I never thought you sway that way!"

Zhan shoved Cheng's hand, teasing his cousin, with a mischievous grin. "Do you really wanna know?"

"Y-You..!" Cheng grabbed his collar wanting to smack Zhan out of his stupidity. But Zhan suddenly covered his own mouth, nausea crawling in his throat. He lurched forward to the bathroom where Yibo is in, claiming the sink, hugging it's side as he spewed pungent biles out of his stomach.

"You've only slept together once, and you're already pregnant." Cheng sarcastically remarked while leaning by the door frame, watching Zhan's predicament.

Yan Li followed Zhan inside the toilet, rubbing his back worriedly as he puked and retched the acids out. "Is it your migraine again? Where is your medication?"

"C-cupboard. I-in my room. Bedside." Zhan replied, heaving in pain.

"A-Cheng! Can you get it please?" Yan Li cried. Cheng rolled his eyes and followed her sister's order.

Then Yan Li looked at Yibo, who seemed lost on what is happening. "I'll get some water. Can you stay by his side?"

Yibo nodded and took her place beside Zhan. He was just there for a second, when Zhan held his hand, lifting his head from the sink to look up at him. The beads on his forehead reflecting his torture.

Yibo only stared back at him, but Zhan can see concern in his eyes. He can't help but smile and be happy. "Don't worry. This is normal for me. I just need my medicine." He reassured him.

Cheng and Yan Li came back and gave Zhan his migraine medicine. But there was another bottle in Cheng's hand. He eyed Yan Li with unresolved opinion.

"This is beside his medicine."

Yan Li took the bottle which read sleeping pills. She nodded at Cheng with a thin smile. "I'll ask him."

Cheng nodded in agreement, looking at Yibo, then to his hand which is still in Zhan's grasp.

"Too clingy." Cheng grumbled, releasing their connected hand and pulling Yibo away.

"Hey! Don't touch him!" Zhan spat wanting to pull Yibo back to his side, but another bitter vomit upsurged in his throat and he could only slump back on the sink to continue retching.

Cheng smirked and freely pulled Yibo out of the room.

--------

12-Mar-2020

Author's grumble:

I am supposed to be in Denmark today 😭 But due to quick increase of Coronavirus cases in there they're locking down the country as well. And now US is also locking down travel to/from Europe for 30 days.

Does this mean no travel until it resolves?

😭😭😭

Keep safe everyone!