14: Losing You (two)

Zhan made a decision despite knowing someone will definitely get hurt. He believes cheating is an unforgivable mistake, and in love, once burnt by fire, it would be impossible to extinguish. And Yibo is that fire in his heart.

He went to Wen Qing's office, resolute to break up with her.

Qing is a nice woman, and she deserves a better man. A man who will love her truthfully and solely, prioritising her above all else. And Zhan couldn't be that man.

In Zhan's heart, Yibo had already occupied every part of his being. 1 day of togetherness, and he is head-over-heels for that cute little Devil.

He knew he is being too impulsive with his decisions, willing to throw everything away just to be with Yibo--to love him freely and openly. There's this lingering thought that he might regret later, but right now, Yibo is like his personal heroine, he's too addicted, he can't stop craving for him.

His words are straight to the point when he spoke with Qing inside her office. It was like an ice bucket splashing her whole body, making her shiver and shatter.

"I have fallen in love with my fiancé."

Love and Fiancé.

Two words in one hit. Qing didn't know about Yibo or Zhan's marriage arrangement. It was such a big shock. Tears trickled from her eyes, tears which stabbed Zhan's heart a couple times. It is undeniable, he cares for her, maybe not much as a lover but at least as a good friend. She is important to him, and that is true.

Zhan received a slap or two, when he tried to console her. "Don't be nice to me, if you don't love me!" Qing cried pushing Zhan away. "I have loved you too deeply, A-Zhan. And this is too painful for me."

"Did you even love me?" She queried almost pleading for his answer to be 'Yes'.

And Zhan did not fail her. He nodded, and said, "I did." Qing smiled approaching Zhan for a hug. A hope still burns inside her.

But Zhan stopped her arms, "I did, but as a friend."

Qing's arms fell on her side as her tears continuously poured. Anger became greater than her pain, "Then you should know, I won't forgive you!"

Those vile words became their goodbye, leaving them both wounded.

When Zhan left her office, gossipers cursed him to death as he walked past them.

'A cheater.'

'A womanizer.'

'Ruthless.'

He heard them say. He had never received such cruel words, but he managed to pull his lips into a thin smile. Chanting in his mind as he left, 'This shall all pass.'

-------

When he was done with his business in Beijing, he went straight back to the Wei's family home. He kept all his agony and pain aside, excited of his new freedom to love Yibo whole-heartedly, cuddle and kiss him without his conscience bickering inside his head from cheating on Qing.

"Yibo?" He searched from one room to another. Circling around like a headless chicken. But there's no trace of him.

Cheng came in finding Zhan losing his mind, cracking his brain out why Yibo had left. There was a glint of brokenness in his eyes when he faced him.

"He's gone." Zhan told him.

"He went back home." Cheng said standing in front of Zhan, void of any emotion.

Zhan looked up at him while Cheng further said, "I've sent him home."

Anger upsurged in Zhan. He lost his mind completely, hitting Cheng hard on the face, making his knuckle crack and Cheng's mouth ooze some blood.

"Bastard! Why did you hit me?!" Cheng cried caressing his bleeding lip.

"Why did you do that?!" Zhan pulled his collar up, his eyes reddened by both anger and pain.

Cheng smirked triumphantly, "I'm helping you, bastard! Do you think a straight man like him would easily fall and admit to himself that he likes another man?! And he even knows about your girlfriend, Qing!" Cheng pushed Zhan away, claiming a seat on the couch.

Zhan kept looking at him, confused.

"Sit down." Cheng commanded him, but Zhan remained stoic.

Sighing, Cheng narrated his side. "I think he likes you as well. But he isn't a normal guy. He's our cold Prince for a reason. Do you expect him to understand his feelings as quick as you do? A person void of any emotions his entire life, suddenly feeling a leap in his heart? If you tell him you like him, do you think he can process that, and say he likes you too?"

"Love. Not like." Zhan corrected his words making Cheng roll his eyes. His cousin is too love-struck and it is giving him the shudder.

"I stand corrected." he said, pissed. "I just gave Yibo a choice. A trap if you want to call it like that." He proudly smirked crossing his arms and puffing his chest. "If he comes back, then it means he loves you and accepts you despite being a man yourself. If he doesn't then he is a full pledged straight guy, and even if you cage him here with you for life, his heart would never beat for you."

The second option made Zhan anxious. "I don't care if he doesn't love me! As long as he'll be with me! I'm okay with that!"

"Selfish bastard! Are you stupid?!" Cheng uncrossed his arms, angered with his cousin's narrow-mind. "I told you I can see that he likes you as well! So the scenario would be my first sentence! He will come back!"

"What if you're wrong? What if he doesn't?" There was obvious sadness and hopelessness in Zhan's tone.

Cheng hissed, "Then he's a coward."

That answer didn't help Zhan's doubts. "I won't take that as his answer!" He then stood up, resolute to take back what is his. "Give me his address!"

Shocked, Cheng sprang up on his feet. "What are you planning?"

"I'll take him back!" Zhan said with desperation.

15-Mar-2020