36: Didi Ai Ni

Jiang Cheng entered the Wei's mansion stomping his way loudly, invading Zhan's space. He purposely made exaggerated noises as he shoved Zhan's belongings into a suitcase, hoping to stir up his cousin who's been playing dead on his bed.

To his disappointment, Zhan continued to glue himself on the mattress, exhausted and dispirited with his life events. He barely shifted his resting body in response to Cheng's rampage, and just couldn't be bothered of what Cheng was up about.

Ill tempered as he is, Cheng pulled the blanket that covers Zhan. He roughly pulled his cousin's dead weight off the mattress, stating as a fact, "You're going back to Beijing!"

Zhan smirked, pushing away Cheng's grasp on his shoulder. "And why would I listen to you? Who are you to command me?"

Cheng's tongue clicked and hand clutched into a fist. His knuckles were itching to knock Zhan out of his miserable mindset, but he had to endure and repress violence.

"You're now officially the CEO of the Jiang Enterprises! You bastard should work and make yourself useful until your last breath! Run that business until you die!" He roared, splatting words in anger. Yet, deep inside, his words shrouds his concern for the cousin who used to smile brightly and brazenly walk through life's roller coaster ride with confidence and warmth.

He couldn't just watch and not do anything while Zhan walks into his pitiful journey.

"Whatever." Zhan sarcastically responded, letting his body collapse back to bed.

He doesn't care about any of those sh*ts anymore. That company. Their wealth. His future. Nothing matters.

"Look at that attitude! No wonder there's noone left here except you." Emphasizing the word noone, Cheng clenched his jaws, and savour a tug in his chest. Feeling his last strings pulled, he gave away, "Yibo is gone."

Indescribable chills ran through Zhan's spine hearing those words. The type of chill which will left anyone frozen still. But isn't it what he asked for?

His brain battled whether to feign not to care or to let his real feelings escape and search for the man, until his heart intervened. After a short pause, he bolted right up, eyes opening wide, reconfirming what he'd heard. "W-what?"

Cheng looked at him warily, repeating, "He's gone."

"No!" Zhan denied. He sprang to his feet in a flash, adrenaline rushing through his veins as he ran in daze, sight blurred with his impending tears. Three words and all his resentments were gone. His hatred was immediately replaced with fear of losing his precious Didi. And whose fault would that be?

"Yibo!?" He called out his name, hopelessly wishing his yearning to end by the sight of the culprit. But the whole house remained silent despite his desperate summons. Clutching his fast beating heart, Zhan continued his frantic search through the house, rummaging room after room, scanning the lifeless abode which once was so bright and lively but finding no sign of who he was looking for.

Cheng followed Zhan's pursuit, halting as he digested the sight of his cousin standing at the centre of Yibo's room, hugging the only remaining piece of him he had purposely left.

"Cheng, how can he do this to me?" Zhan's tear-drenched face looked at him as he give another squeeze at the yellow plush minion in his embrace, activating its hidden recorder-speaker.

'Zhan-ge, I'm so sorry. I truly am.' Yibo's voice broke as he cried while recording. 'Please take care of yourself.' He sniffed, projecting a more controlled muffle.