Chapter 40

I haven't had any comments in awhile!

Sierra's POV

About four hours have passed since I rejected Rayne and I felt so broken inside... It was now eleven o-clock and I sat at the table at Clara's house... Well our house... Just saying that pained me. I haven't spoken one word since I left and Marshall kept giving me a sad expression "You haven't said one word." April was the one to speak up and I simply shrugged a shoulder.

"Sierra, if you're feeling like this is because you said it out of anger. You didn't mean it." April pointed out Marshall surprisingly nodding in agreement "She's right." He admitted causing me to sigh and rub my right temple as I began to get head ache. I let out a breath and stood grabbing my full plate and setting it on the counter.

I made my way to the bedroom that use to be mine and saw that everything was untouched. I had slid into some leggings before I walked out of the pack house so I just got into bed and snuggled into the blankets. Did I mean it? I mean there must have been a reason as to why he walked away from me. I closed my eyes and made myself stop thinking about it.

Mate... My wolf kept whining and howling. I sat up and leaned against the beds head board since I knew I wasn't going to be able to fall asleep. I turned the tv on flipped through the channels at least twenty times before I threw the remote against the wall and ran my hand through my hair. Clara soon walked in and looked at the remote broken on the ground.

She let out a breath and sat on the bed facing me "You didn't mean it." She pointed out causing my heart to ache... She was right. I nodded and crossed my arms hugging myself "Talk to him tomorrow and try to get it all settled." She suggested but I shook my head "He told me to not come back." I reminded sniffling as tears slid down my cheeks "Honey he didn't mean that, no matter how angry he was. We could all tell he was just hurt." She assured her shoulders falling as I shook my head convinced he never wanted to see me again...

"Don't jump to conclusions, that guy loves you." She assured kissing the side of my head before walking out and leaving me to my thoughts. I nibbled on my bottom lip and fiddled with my fingers. I stood and made my way down stairs and thankfully April was alone in the living room while Clara washed dishes and Marshall was who knows where.

I sat beside her on the couch and she quickly took her eyes from the TV screen and looked over at me "Feeling a little better?" She asked but the pained expression must have answered her question as she nodded "I need you to do me a favor." I mumbled looking down at my hands then back at her "Of course, anything." She assured. I let out a breath and ran my hand through my hair "Talk to Rayne... Make sure he's okay." I gave her a pleading look and she quickly nodded "Of course. Anything else you'd like me to talk to him about?" She asked raising a hopeful eyebrow.

I rolled my eyes and grinned "Try to find out if he ever wants to know about me again." I whispered looking down at my hands knowing if she came back with bad news I'd probably be broken "I can answer that right now, but fine. I'll find out if he wants to see you." She assured. We watched the repeats of pretty little liars for about an hour before I stood and stretched "I'm going to go to sleep now." I assured hugging April and Clara before walking upstairs and into my room. I felt so out of place here.. Without Rayne. Without the pack surrounding me.

I walked into the bathroom and intended to take a quick shower but once I leaned against the tiled wall in the shower and lost myself in my thoughts. What if he didn't want anything to do with me? I didn't mean it... Just seeing him walk away from me hurt me so much.