Prologue

Emma's POV

Just because we aren't together, and it's been six years since I've seen or heard from him doesn't mean that it's not one of the greatest love stories ever told.

For the time we were together, we really were in love.

He will always hold a special place in my heart.

I miss him, and wish I could see him again so badly.

I wonder what he's doing. How he's doing.

I wonder if he still thinks about me the same way I think about him; all the time.

He was the love of my life, and if I ever get to see him again, I'd finally feel back to normal again.

-
Ethan's POV

She was the most amazing girl in the entire world.

It sucked when we had to part ways, but it wasn't either of our faults.

Her parents had gotten divorced, and her dad who lived across the country won custody of her.

I still think about her every day. I wonder how she's doing.

If she's married, or dating, or even single.

I fucking miss her, and I wish she would just come home already.

She was the love of my life, and if I could ever see her again, everything would be whole again.

It's been six years.

I still haven't given up on her.

Something keeps me hopeful that I'll see her, and that she hasn't given up on us or moved on.

True love doesn't just go away.

That's why I think we'll find our way to each other.

Everything will finally be just the way it was when we were younger.

But before I get into the current story, there's a lot I have to tell you.

You should probably hear everything that happened back when Emma and I were 18.