Chapter Twenty Five

Emma's POV
The next morning

I felt Ethan's arms wrap around me as I put the homemade cinnamon rolls into the round pan.

He kissed me on the cheek and said,

"Good morning my love."

"Hi, babe." I said, reaching to my left and opening the oven door. Ethan gently took the pan from my hands, then put it in the oven for me.

"How long do I set the timer for, baby?" He asked.

"12 minutes."

He set the timer on the oven before walking back over to me and lifting me up in a hug.

"So, what are we gonna do today, babe?" He asked.

"I was thinking we stay in and watch movies, play some card games and maybe make out or something." I said as he put me down, my arms staying around his neck.

He lifted me up and set me down on the counter so I was sitting, and he stood in between my legs before pressing his lips to mine.

I smiled into the kiss as our lips started moving in sync, our hands all over each other.

"I could do this all day." He flirted as he pecked my lips.

"Mmm me too." I responded, our lips still connecting.

He slipped his tongue into my mouth, and I locked my feet around his waist.

"You're trapped, Ethan." I joked.

"You sure about that, babygirl?" He asked, lifting me up and carrying me to the kitchen's island, then setting me back down.

I giggled at him as he laughed at me, and right as we were leaning in for another kiss, the cinnamon rolls were done.

He let me go, so I grabbed an oven mitt and got the pan out of the oven, before spreading the frosting on top of them.

I put two of them on Ethan's plate, and two on mine before taking our food to the table and sitting down.

I had already set the table before, so we sat down and enjoyed our breakfast together.

One thing about Ethan was that he had a very similar sense of humor to mine, and a lot of the time we spent together was spent laughing with each other.

After breakfast, Ethan helped me clean the dishes, and we turned on some music to listen to while we did so.

Once everything was in the dishwasher, Ethan took my hands in his, and we danced around the kitchen together.

We were truly just having fun, and that was one of the best things about our relationship—we had a lot of fun together all of the time.

Ethan and I never argued. If we did, it was more of a debate than an argument. Something such as: why The Incredibles is the best Pixar movie rather than Inside Out, or who our favorite characters from The Office were and why. I guess they were more 'discussions' than 'arguments'.

We never ran out of things to talk about. It was one of my favorite things about us. We spent so many our our nights together talking for hours.

That Saturday at the cabin was a day that we sat in the couch and just talked.

Ethan and I weren't only dating. We were also best friends. He really really was my best friend.