Chapter Sixteen

Ethan's POV
Monday Morning

Emma's mom opened the door and welcomed me in, and I went upstairs to see Emma pulling my sweatshirt over her head.

"Hey, Emma."

"Hi!" She said as she walked towards me. I pulled her into my arms before she pecked me on the lips. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, girl. Come on. We're getting coffee on our way."

"Okay."

We went downstairs and said goodbye to Sophia before we walked out of the house and to my car.

I got in the passenger side, and Emma got in the back.

"Hi, Grayson." She said.

"Hey, Em. How are ya?"

"Good. How are you?"

"I'm doing swell on this Monday morning."

She chuckled. "Good."

We went through the drive through at Starbucks; otherwise we would have been late to school.

Emma and I walked to English together, my arm around her shoulder as we went down the hallway.

Before we stepped into the classroom, I pulled her close and stole a quick peck from her lips.

She just smiled at me before taking my hand and walking into class.

-
After school
Emma's House

"Ethan, your birthday is coming up in a few weeks." Emma said, walking out of her bathroom and towards her bed where I was sitting.

"I don't want anything."

She climbed into my lap and wrapped her legs around me.

"Too bad. I'm getting you something." She said.

I laid back, and she moved her legs so that they were on each side of me, and I wrapped my arms around her.

"Emma, Emma, Emma. All I want is to spend my birthday with you, and my twin brother."

"Good thing I invited him to go with us on our trip."

"We're going on a trip?"

"Yup. Just you, me, Grayson, and a friend or girl of his choice."

"Wow, Emma. You set this all up?"

"Yeah. It's part of your present."

"Part of?"

"There's more. You'll just have to wait." She said, kissing me on the nose and wiggling out of my grip. "Now, how about I make you those pancakes I promised you."

"Okay." I said sitting up.

-

Emma and I talked about our weekend as we ate her delicious pancakes, and eventually we went over to my house.

She was staying the night.

I was surprised at how lenient my mom was being with Emma and I having sleepovers on school nights, but the closer I got to turning 18, the less restrictions I had.

Since we ate pancakes, we didn't eat dinner at my house, but my mom just ordered a pizza anyway so it was fine.

-
Emma's POV

It was just another normal night for us.

Watch a movie, get ready for bed, make love, go to sleep, and shower in the morning.