Chapter Two

Emma's POV

"How was your first day, honey?" My mom asked.

Ethan and Grayson had just dropped me off, and I set my bag down on the kitchen counter after going inside.

"It went really well. I already made some new friends."

"That's awesome."

"I have some homework." I said.

I went down the hall and upstairs, going into my room and shutting the door.

I laid down on my bed and sighed.

What a long day.

It was 4:30, and the only homework I had were syllabi's, so I didn't worry about it.

I decided to call one of my friends from my old school, Taylor.

Taylor was one of my favorite people in the world, and I needed to tell her about how my first day went.

The phone rang twice before she picked it up.

"Finally! I've been waiting for you to call. It wasn't the same without you, Em. I missed you."

"I miss you too, Tay." I said, smiling as she went on.

"Tell me about your first day."

"I met two boys, well, they're twins, and they were super nice and showed me around at school, and they even gave me a ride home. They live really close to me, so we're gonna carpool."

"Are they hot?"

Okay, let me just say that yes they are identical twins, but I had a certain taste, and one of them was more of my style than the other.

And he was just that—hot. In fact, he was one of the hottest boys I had ever seen.

The way his jaw has a light stubble, the way he smiles when he laughs, his eyes.

Even the way he was built.

He was muscular, and I liked it.

They way he dressed, and even his personality, which had a lot in common with mine, but enough differences to keep it interesting.

I was definitely crushing already.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you what they looked like. And they're so funny too. The one, Ethan, is totally my style, and he has the perfect balance of things being in common with me and not."

"Introduce me to his brother, am I right?"

"Oh my goodness, Tay. Hey, you should come for dinner soon."

"Of course. I miss you and your mother."

"We miss you too. Is there a football game this week?" I asked her. I wanted to go to a game at my old school.

"Yeah. You should bring your friends."

"I'll think about it." I said.

-

Taylor and I talked on the phone for another two hours, just gossiping about school, boys, senior year. You know.

After I hung up, it was 6 o'clock, and I decided to take a shower.

I made it the perfect temperature and climbed in, the warm water helping my muscles relax.

I couldn't stop thinking about how nice the twins were to me, and how Ethan was just so interesting.

He's funny; witty. He has a quick sense of humor, and he has a very similar sense of sarcasm as me.

After I got out of the shower, I put on some leggings and an old t-shirt from Evanston, my old school.