Chapter Thirteen

Emma's POV
Thanksgiving

If there was one word or phrase to describe Ethan and I's relationship it would be partners in crime.

In other words, Ethan was my best friend.

That's the best kind of love. You know, when they're also your best friend. In my opinion, if your boyfriend isn't your best friend, that means something is wrong.

We did almost everything together. So much so that once in a while his parents or my mom would make us take breaks from each other.

After football season ended we studied together almost every day.

We would also hang out and watch more movies, play card games, bake cookies, and go on dates in downtown Chicago.

We had so much fun together, and I'm so glad that we got to spend as much time together as we did.

It helped us cherish each other for the time we were together.

It's one of the reasons I still feel as strongly as I do for him as I did back then.

Thanksgiving was another amazing memory with Ethan.

Lisa and Sean we're hosting Thanksgiving at their house this year, so both sides of Ethan's family were coming over.

I helped cook some of the food.

Everyone contributed something.

Cameron did desserts, I made green bean casserole, and Ethan's parents cooked turkey and ham.

Ethan and Grayson's job was to make sure the table was set, and that the house was clean.

A few of their aunts and uncles came in along with some of their cousins, then his grandparents, and Ethan was busy introducing me to everyone, and putting the food everyone brought in the kitchen.

Ethan, Grayson, Cameron and I were having a good time playing with all of their young cousins.

I loved how good Ethan was with them. He's a natural with children.

He'll be a great dad someday.

Eventually it was time to eat, and one of his little cousins named Lily wanted to sit in between Ethan and I, so we helped her get a small plate of food, and Ethan helped her up onto the chair since it was too high for her to climb. She was only three.

The food was amazing, and everyone in his family made me feel welcome, and like I was a true part of their family.

After dinner was over, everyone went in the living room to watch old family movies.

Ones where Ethan and Grayson were little, ones with their cousins, ones from their aunts and uncles' childhoods.

It was so fun to watch these old videos, and to see Ethan as a little kid.

After a while everyone slowly left, and it was just us, Grayson, Cameron, Lisa and Sean.

We were still sitting in the living room enjoying each other's company.

"Emma, I'm so glad you were able to spend the day with us." said Sean.

"Thank you for having me. I had a blast today."

"Your green bean casserole is welcome anytime, honey." Lisa replied.

We all laughed.

"It was pretty good." said Grayson, still laughing.

Ethan wrapped his arms around me, pulling guy head to his chest in a hug.

"I'm glad you guys liked it."