Chapter Five

Emma
Two Weeks Later

Ethan and I continued to hang out all of the time, even though he had football practice sometimes.

Once in a while, I would watch him at practice.

His muscles were so defined that I would be staring, and once every so often, he would glance over at me and smile.

We kept getting to know each other more and more over the last couple of weeks, and his personality was one of the coolest I've ever known. He's funny, he doesn't take shit from anyone, but he's also super sweet, caring, and compassionate.

We even went on a couple more dates, and let me tell you:

Ethan. Is. Such. A. Good. Kisser.

Our make out sessions so far have been better than anything I've ever experienced.

That day was Saturday, and I was going over to Ethan's house to eat dinner and watch tv for a little while, and then we were going to a party.

My mom dropped me off at his house, and I knock on the door.

Ethan answered it, stepping aside to let me in.

Once he closed the door, he pulled me into his arms for a hug.

"Hey."

"Hi." I said as he swayed us back and forth. He kissed me on the cheek, and took my hand, leading me to the dining room, where Grayson and their dad sat. Dinner was almost ready.

"Hey, Emma. How you doing?" Sean asked.

"I'm doing great. How are you?" I responded, sitting down.

"Pretty good. Glad to see you're joining us for dinner."

"Thank you for having me." I said.

Ethan's mom Lisa brought in the chicken casserole she made, along with some green beans and dinner rolls for sides.

We ate and had some good conversations with his family, Ethan's arm resting on the back of my chair the whole time.

Once we were done, we watched Parks and Recreation on tv for a little while, Ethan's arm wrapped around my waist, and his body close to mine.

It was nice just watching tv and cuddling, and eventually it was party time, and we drove separate from Grayson.

His hand was gripping my thigh, and it was one of my favorite things he did because it always made me want more from him.

I was wearing a dress, so the feeling of his hand on my skin was making my heart beat faster.

He pulled into a secluded parking lot, before parking the car and turning to me.

"So, you wanna make out in the back?" He suggested.

I smiled and climbed back there, Ethan in tow before we sat next to each other, his hand brushing a piece of hair off of my face, and caressing my cheek before his lips finally landed against mine.

I smiled into it as our lips moved in sync, his hands traveling my body as he slipped his tongue into my mouth making me hum into the kiss.

One difference between Ethan and Hunter was that I never let Hunter do anything more than just kiss me. I guess I was too scared back then, but with Ethan there was nothing I loved more than when he copped a feel while we kissed in the backseat of his car.

He had the ability to send shivers down my whole body because he was just that compatible with me, and it was comfortable.

I loved it every time he kissed down my jaw and my neck, and then back up to my lips.

He pecked me again before pulling away.

"Emma, can I ask you something?" He said, out of breath.

"Yeah."

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

I kissed him in response. It was passionate and warm, and everything I wanted in another kiss from him.

"Yes. I'll be your girl." I responded.

He kissed me again on the lips, then pecking at my neck a few times before bringing me in for a hug.

"I'm falling for you, Emma."

I pressed my forehead against his.

"Say that again." I said as my lips brushed against his.

"I'm falling for you."

"I'm falling for you too, Ethan." I said before our lips fell together again.

We made out for another half hour before we climbed back to the front and drove to the party, Ethan's hand in mine as he drove, and him glancing over at me and smiling every few minutes.

We walked into the party, and Ethan made sure to show me off to his friends, everyone being excited to find out that we made it official.

Grayson was even excited too.

We partied, but not too hard because Ethan still had to drive us home, and so we didn't get super drunk.

Plus Ethan wasn't a lightweight, so he had a high alcohol tolerance.

We went back to Ethan's house that night, and we made out for a while until we got tired and fell asleep.

That night was another one of those nights that I can remember like it happened yesterday, even though it was six years ago.

I'll never forget the way he kissed me, and the way he asked me to be his girl.

I'd give anything to hear him say it again.

I don't care where, or when. I just want him to ask me to be his again.

I'll wait forever if I have to.

I just want everything to go back to the way it was when we were younger.

Yes, we have lives we have to tend to, and we live on opposite sides of the country, but I'd drop everything for him if I had to.

Why?

Because I know for a fact that I'd be much happier if I was in his arms again.

It just sucks that I lost his contact information when my dad made me get a new phone and phone number.

It was like Ethan was being ripped away from me, along with everything we had.

All I have left is the letter he gave me before I got on that damn plane to California against my will.

I hope he still has the one I gave him.