Chapter Eleven

Present Day
Emma's POV

My roommate Alana sat down across from me at our kitchen table, handing me a coffee.

We've been living in a house together in LA for two years.

I met her at a bar three years ago, and we've been close friends ever since.

Now? She's my roommate.

"Are you thinking about him again?"

I stirred some sugar into the coffee with a spoon.

"Did I ever finish telling you the story?" I asked.

"I don't think so."

"Do you remember where I left off?"

"The last I remember was how you guys danced in the rain at your uncle's cabin."

"Oh! Okay. I know where to start now."

-
Six Years Prior
The Saturday Night of  that weekend

"Do you have a seven?"

"Go fish." He answered.

We were playing card games on the coffee table. A fire in the fire place, and both of us wrapped in blankets.

It was still raining outside.

I pulled a card from the deck and it was a six.

"Damn it!" I exclaimed.

Ethan laughed at me, and asked if I had a six, and obviously I just pulled one, so he acquired it, making him win the game. I was left with nine cards.

"I win again!"

"Actually I won." I said.

"Hey, I won fair and square."

"Well, I'm the real winner because I get to be your girlfriend."

He crawled towards me until I was laying down and he was hovering over me.

Ethan pressed his lips to mine and hummed into the kiss.

"I guess we're a winning team, huh?" He whispered.

I kissed him, smiling into it until we both pulled away for air.

"Ethan, can I tell you something?"

"Yeah, babe." He said, sitting next to me as I sat up. "What's up, Em?"

I took his hand in mine and squeezed it before I started.

"I just want to tell you that I'm so lucky to have you, and I've never fell this hard for anyone before, and I know we were meant to find each other. There's just something about you, Ethan, and I love you so damn much."

"Awe, Emma. Come here, babe." He said, opening his arms for a hug.

I wrapped my arms around him, and he kissed me on the forehead.

"I love you way more than you know, Emma." He whispered as he held me.

"How did I get so lucky?"

"I guess you were at the right place at the right time. You know, that day Grayson and I saw you at Starbucks before we saw you walking to school?"

"I saw you too. I thought you guys were college kids."

"I saw you, and I knew you were special. It was like my heart could foresee the future, and it knew you already. We have such an amazing connection."