Chapter Seven

Emma's POV
The next morning

I woke up to Ethan peppering my face with kisses.

"Hey, pretty girl. You're awake!" He said, smiling down at me.

I brought his face down with my hand and kissed his lips before smiling back up at him.

"Hi." I responded.

He put his head on my chest while he tangled our legs together and mumbled

"I love waking up next to you."

"Do we have to get up?"

"Let's see, the rule of thumb in this house is to be up by 11, and it's currently 9:06." He said before his lips brushed against mine.

I kissed him again, and asked

"So we can do whatever we want?"

"Whatever we want." He said, his lips pressing against mine.

"I love laying here with you like this." I whispered.

"I know. It's my favorite." He responded.

"You know," I said in between kisses. "My uncle has a cabin at a lake in Indiana. We could go there for a weekend sometime."

"We should. Also, my parents are going out of town this weekend, and Grayson and I were thinking about having a party here."

"That would be fun. Can I invite my Evanston buddies?"

"Of course."

"I'll text the girls later."

"Emma, I just wanna tell you that I love being your boyfriend."

"I love being your girlfriend." I responded, kissing him and giggling into it.

"Wanna get up and go to the park?"

"I would like that." I said.

We got up and got dressed, brushing our teeth before heading downstairs.

Lisa, Sean, and Grayson were sitting at the table eating breakfast, and Ethan and I stopped to sit down with them for a little while.

We ate some homemade cinnamon rolls, before we left for the park.

Ethan gave me one of his sweatshirts to wear, and I loved it because it smelled like him.

We walked around the park holding hands and enjoying the view of the trees and the river.

Days like these have always been my favorite.

Waking up with Ethan, going somewhere and simply spending time together.

Later that day we went back to my house, and we watched Pixar's The Incredibles with my mom.

Ethan loves Disney, and it's always been something my mom and I enjoyed, so watching Disney movies with my mom and Ethan became a new pastime.

My mom made us popcorn, and Ethan and I shared a blanket, him tangling our legs together and pulling me close.

I always loved resting my head on his chest as we watched movies together.

Being in his arms made me feel so at home. So relaxed. So loved.

It was like I knew I needed him.

I still need him.

Hell, I've been needing him for six years.

Nothing can describe the emptiness I've felt for the last six years due to Ethan and I being apart.