Chapter Thirty Two

Emma's POV

"You already ran into Ethan?" Taylor asked, sipping her glass of white wine.

Her, Sydney, Kenzie and I were hanging out in my living room and drinking wine.

I've had a busy day of accepting furniture into my house, and grocery shopping, and unpacking.

My house was finally all set up, furniture, appliances and all. I was excited about it.

"Yeah. We're going for drinks tomorrow night."

"Awe. You guys are still endgame after all this time." Kenzie said.

"I hope so. We have a lot to catch up on. It's been six years."

"I can tell you're excited to see him." Taylor said.

"I really am. I've missed him so much. He was all I thought about for six years. I can't even think of a word to describe how happy I felt when he gave me a hug."

"Gosh, Em. I'm so glad you're back. We should have girls nights like these often since you're here now." Kenzie said.

"We'll see. I'm starting my new job next week."

-

After the girls left, I got in the shower and went to bed. I'll text Ethan in the morning.

It was hard to fall asleep because I was so excited to see Ethan tomorrow.

-
The next day

I woke up and went to soul cycle before going back home and starting my day.

I'm so excited to see him today.

Gosh, I've been waiting for this day for so long. It's unreal that it's finally here!

I go through my day, and as I'm eating lunch, Ethan texts me.

Ethan: hey, Em. Do you want to meet there or should I pick you up?

Emma: depends if you're coming to my place afterwards 😎

Ethan: oh I'm definitely coming to your place 🥰

Emma: I would love it if you picked me up. 😊

Ethan: okay. Just send me your location. I'll pick you up around 5?

Emma: sounds perfect.

I sent him my location and looked at the time.

It was 3 o'clock, so I headed down the hallway to my room and started getting ready.

I curled my hair and did some makeup, and I picked out a little black dress to wear.

I paired it with some black straps heels, and at that time I heard a knock on the door.

I opened it, and there he was. Dressed in a dark blue button down and some black dress pants.

"Ready to go, m'lady?"