Chapter Thirty

Emma's POV
Late April

Today is the day I leave Los Angeles. Right now it is 7 am, and I already hugged Alana goodbye, and packed all of my things into the trunk of my new car.

I grabbed one final coffee at Philz, and then I was on my way.

LA to Chicago is a 30 hour drive, so I decided to split the time in half and make it two days of driving 15 hours each.

It takes 15 hours to get from LA to Denver, so I booked a hotel for a night. I did the math, and it looks like I should be arriving in Denver at 10 pm tonight.

I turned one of my favorite Spotify playlists on, and hit the road, making it onto the expressway by 8 o'clock.

I ate breakfast before I left, so I'm full for now, and hopefully I won't have to make many pit stops.

-

Three hours and I've finally crossed the Californian border into Nevada. It looks like there's for hours until I reach Utah, then 8 hours to Denver after that.

Traffic is pretty light because it's Tuesday, and it's 11 o'clock.

I should be making it to Utah at around 3 o'clock.

I decided I'll get gas once I reach Utah, and I'll stop somewhere for food.

-

The drive was pretty uneventful so far, other than the pretty views of Nevada. I drove through Vegas earlier, and it was pretty cool.

You'd think I would go to Vegas at least once after almost six years of living in LA, but I never got around to it.

Anyway, I was finally nearing the Nevada/Utah border, and I was happy because my stomach wanted some food.

I went through a drive-thru and got two burritos from Chipotle. I knew that I'd be hungry in a little while, and I'm not gonna stop again.

So one burrito is for now, and the other one is for later.

I also stopped for gas, and another coffee from Starbucks this time.

It was 3:30, and it took me until 7 to finally reach Colorado.

We're in the home stretch of tonight's drive.

I rolled my windows down and blasted some music to keep myself alert as I kept driving, the sky starting to settle for the night around 8 o'clock.

My navigation system in my car says I'm two hours from the hotel, so I was right about the time of arrival being 10.

-
Two hours later, and I'm finally in my hotel room in Denver for the night.

I took a hot shower to relax, then putting on some pajamas, brushing my teeth, and sliding under the covers.

It felt so good to lay down after driving for 15 hours. 15 more to go in the morning.

I'm halfway there. Halfway home.

I was so excited I could barely sleep, but the fatigue from driving for so long helped me manage, and I soon fell asleep with the comfort of knowing I'll finally be home.

-
The next day,
11 am, driving through Nebraska

I woke up bright and early at 6 this morning and left the hotel, getting coffee and gas on the way.

It's super sunny today, and the weather is nice on this Late April morning.

The express way traffic is light as I continue my drive, and I'm already almost to Iowa. It's only noon right now.