No 19: Modern AU

For the sake of this they met in yr 10 and it's a modern au ok? Ok cool let's go.

Tina slammed the bathroom door shut behind her and slung all her weight against the wall. She slid to the floor. Her best friend had just left her alone. Got a girl.

She knew she was being pretty selfish, but little did he know she has liked him for so long.

A bang sounded on the door. And another and another and another. And soon that was all Tina could hear. She threw some water in her face and placed her hand on the doorknob, but she couldn't hear knocking anymore.

About 15 minutes later, she left the stall, running towards the door. She didn't care that her best friend, and crush since year 10, Newt, was trying to get her attention, trying to talk to her, she didn't care about anything at that point, she just wanted to get out of there. All they knew about her was her name.

"Awesome party, I'm so glad I came." She shouted back at the host, Jake, before pulling out her phone and hurriedly calling a cab to take her home.

•••

3 years later

Tina's dark blue dress reached the floor as she turned around in the changing room. She - for the first time in her life - felt beautiful. She walked the the church and went to find someone. Someone extremely important.

"Hey Newt! I - er - just - oh god, good luck, you'll be amazing! Just don't forget what I told you about trying not to make me cry, right." She brought him into a hug, smiling. It wasn't a true smile. But it was something.

Porpentina Esther Goldstein. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

•••

"I do"

"And do you, Newton Artemis Fido Scamander take Veronica Martha McNamara (idk ok!) as you're wife?"

"I do"

"I pronounce you man and wife. Any objections?"

Tina didn't know what made her do it, her arm acted of its own accord, but she jumped up and said something life changing.

"I've loved you since we were 16 Newt, you and your blind self can't see that, but I'm so sorry, and I can't be here, I shouldn't be saying this, but just know I will never fall out of love with you, and Veronica, treat him right, I'm leaving. I love you Newt."

She ran from the hall. Why?! Why would she do that!? She had just ruined the best day of her best friends life out of her selfishness! A pair of hands were on her shoulders. Veronica.

"Ronnie? Why are you talking to me?"

"Because the weddings been called off. I'd rather Newt be happy with you - which I know he will be - and be his friend, than him be unhappy and be his wife. Go fetch your man, Goldstein."

And that's exactly what she did.

This is crap. Don't ask what is is because I don't know.