Newtina - The Musical

Prepare to cringe. This is basically a story with a few theatre songs incorporated here and there. It was originally a drama project, but I changed it a bit to be more in character ( aka added the swearing because my teacher is hella strict )

Tina sat on the edge of the bridge of Hogwarts, her legs dangling over the side. She was throwing stones into the long drop below her out of frustration.

"Damnit Queenie. It was all going so well. You had to go and fuck it all up." She muttered, throwing yet another stone in front of her, and watching it fall, just as her heart had done when she had watched her sister step into those roaring blue flames. Then, Newt walked up to her, and sat next to her. When she payed no attention to him, he tensed up a bit, before relaxing as she sent him a weak, forced smile.

"You okay?" he asked kindly. She turned towards him. Her face was tear-stained and red, she had bags under her eyes and the small amount of mascara she had had on was running down her under-eyes.

"Does it look it?" she remarked sarcastically, before throwing a few more stones into the ditch. Newt wrapped an arm around her tense shoulders.

"It will be fine. She'll see sense. She'll come back." He reassured her. Tina rested her head on Newts shoulder and sighed.

"But will she? How can you be so sure?" she said, her voice small and hopeless. It was as if she had given up on life entirely.

"The thing is Tina, I can't. I can't be so sure. I just don't know." He replied with a heavy sigh. He blinked a few tears back, before he could help himself. He let a few spill from his eyes, and they ended up falling on Tina's forehead. She looked at him and wiped them away softly with her thumb.

"What's wrong?" she asked him. A slightly panicked look settled across his face.

"It's really nothing. I should be getting back to the castle." As he stood up to leave, Tina grabbed his arm and pulled him back down.

"Its not nothing is it. It's about Leta isn't it. You still loved her, didn't you." She said, tears forming in the backs of her eyes for the millionth time that day.

"Tina, I moved on from Leta a long time ago. I learnt to accept that sometimes things just don't last. And I've learnt to accept that after one bad thing happens, nothing will ever be exactly the same again.

Death doesn't discriminate

Between the sinners and the saints

It takes and it takes, and it takes

And we keep living anyway

We rise and we fall, and we break, and we make our mistakes

And if there's a reason I'm still alive when everyone who loves me has died

I'm willing to wait for it

I'm willing to wait for it."

"So, what is its that's bothering you?" Tina asked. Newt stood up again.

"I shouldn't say." He pauses, "see you later." And he walked away from her, back up to the castle. Tina frustratedly threw another rock into the ditch.

"What did I say?

What's wrong with me

What can I do

What's wrong with me

Could it be you?

It's probably me