No. 23: Pregnant

Modern AU just because I love DEH and wanted Heidi in this-

"Oh my-" Tina muttered to herself. She was sat, shaking, on the bathroom floor, holding her wand loosely in her hand. There was a green, glowing orb floating above her stomach, confirming something she had been questioning for a long time. She was indeed pregnant.

"NEWT!" She yelled from her spot on the tiled floor, "CAN YOU COME HERE FOR A MOMENT?"

Newt stuck his head round the door, his auburn hair flopping in front of his face, and looked at his wife quizzically. Then he noticed the orb and clapped a hand to his face.

"So it's true. We're having a baby." He whispered, walking towards Tina. She nodded, and he collapsed onto the floor, a mix of happy tears a light chuckles. He wrapped his arms around the brunette next to him.

"I'm gonna be a dad!" He said between large breaths and sobs. Tina nodded and nuzzled her head into his shoulder.

"You're gonna be a dad."

~•~

9 months later, on the 17th of November 1935, Newt rushed Tina to the hospital; she had gone into labour.

Once she was in the hospital bed, Newt began to freak out.

"What if I'm a bad father? What if I'm not ready to look after a kid? What if I accidentally kill it? What if the creatures don't like it? What if-"

"Newt, honey. You'll be an amazing father. I love you, I know you will be perfect." Tina said softly, placing a hand on her husbands shoulder. Newt leaned his head on Tina's shoulder and sighed.

~•~

Once the baby was born, it was rushed over to a table, and there were lots of doctors and nurses fussing over it.

"W-what's happening?" Tina said fearfully. Newt wrapped an arm around her and felt her heartbeat speed up.

"I don't know honey." He muttered. Then they heard a nurse said quietly to another: "The baby's not breathing."

Tina heard this, and began to panic.

"Where's the baby? Wh-where is he?!" She said, her voice shaking and tears streaming down her cheeks. Newt and a really lovely nurse by the name of Heidi Hansen were trying to contain her. Then they heard it. The baby cried.

"Oh my - thank merlin!" Newt sighed, hugging Tina tight. Nurse Heidi took the baby off the other nurses, and bought him over to Tina and Newt. She handed him to Tina.

"Meet your son." She said, smiling sweetly. "Oh, my sons calling, got to run!" She walked out of the room and rounded the corner. "Hey Ev, sorry for not calling sooner I was-" She was cut off by the distance.

"Phoenix Maximus Scamander." Newt whispered, rubbing he baby's forehead tenderly. "Our baby."

"Our baby." Tina replied.

Buddy, you and I for forever this way, this was.

Kay this is really smol, but I have something serious I want to talk about.

I'm just tired of keeping this quiet.

On a happier note, we have 1.32k reads hOly fUcC-

Stay safe!
Peace, Liv