15 - Progress

"Hey mom! Have you seen my red sweater?" I was back at my house grabbing some more clothes

"Hey mom! Have you seen my red sweater?" I was back at my house grabbing some more clothes. Ever since Tuesday I had been spending most of my time over at Oscar and Cesar's house. They needed me now more than ever. Oscar had been shot in his arm. The bullet luckily went straight through but, he needed rest and rehab. "No mija, I haven't. Did you check the dryer?" "No, I will." My mom stood in my doorway for a moment and smiled at me. I looked up at her and shrugged my shoulders. "What?" She shook her head, still smiling. "Nada, I'm just glad that you and Oscar are okay again."

I nodded my head. "Well, yeah. He needs me. So I'm going to be there for him." "Just like he was there for you when.." I cut her off. "I know ma!" She looked at me for a moment. "You need to talk about it Riella. It's not good to just hold it in." "I'm not holding it in. I just, I just. I don't want to talk about it okay." She shook her head slowly, "Okay, okay." She threw her hands up and walked back into the living room.

My phone started ringing on my dresser. I jumped up to answer it, thinking it was Oscar. "Hola!" "Riella, hey. How are you bebesita?" It wasn't Oscar. "Hey Angel. I'm okay. How are you?" "I'm okay. I just miss you. We haven't gotten to spend any time together since Oscar got shot." "I know. It's just, he needs me right now. You know?" He didn't say anything back at first. His immediate silence said a lot though. "Angel, he got shot. He needs a lot of help around the house and stuff." "I know, it's just. I feel like he's using you again. There are hundreds of girls that would love to be Spooky's personal slave, but he chose you." I scoffed at his statement. "Personal slave? You think I'm his personal slave?" "No, I didn't mean it exactly like that." "Then how did you mean it Angel?"

"Look, Riella, I just feel like...I don't know. I just wish you didn't have to be over there so much." 

I sighed on the other end of the phone. It's so hard for other people to understand the relationship that I had with Oscar. Mainly because only a few people actually knew the backstory of our friendship. It's one of the main reasons why I help Oscar and Cesar so much and it's the main reason Oscar is so over protective over me.

"I know Angel. Look Oscar is making progress, as long as he's making progress then he'll get better soon. And as soon as he gets better I'll have more free time on my hands." I finished packing my bookbag with the clothes that I had just folded and zipped it up. "Look, I have to go Angel." "Go to Oscar, I know." I rolled my eyes, "Talk to you later Angel." I hung up the phone before he could say anything else. 

I threw my bookbag on and started towards the front door. "Aye, mija, wait! I packed some food for Oscar and Cesar. Can you take it to them please?" I nodded, "Of course." She placed the food inside a bag for me to carry across the street. When she handed me the bag she held my hands for a moment. "How is he?" I looked up at my mom. "He's getting better." She nodded. "Good. Tell him I asked about him and if they need anything that I'm here to help also." "Thanks mom, I know he'll be happy to hear that."

I took the bag with me across the street and walked into Oscar and Cesar's front door. Oscar was sitting on the couch watching Cesar as he sat on the floor playing a video game. Oscar looked up at me when I walked through the door and his face lit up with a big smile. His smiles made my heart start beating a million miles a minute. "You're back." I smile back at him. "I've only been gone for about an hour Oscar." He nodded, "I know, but, I missed you while you were gone." I quickly walked into the kitchen to hide my face. I could feel my cheeks burning from them blushing. 

I started putting up the food that my mom sent over and looked through the refrigerator to see if I needed to go to the store today. When I stood back up I felt warm arms wrap around my waist from behind me. Oscar was holding me. He leaned down and nuzzled his nose into my neck. "Oscar." I turned around, but he kept holding me. "Sorry, I just really missed you." I glanced down at his lips and then back up to his bedroom eyes. I moved back from him. Putting some distance between us. "Oscar...um." He nodded. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." 

All of this extra time over here with Oscar has been making it harder for me to keep our relationship on a strictly friends only basis. A lot has gone down between Tuesday when he got shot and today. The night that he got shot, I spent the night with him to make sure he was okay throughout the night. He asked me to stay in his room with him. Of course I said yes and ended up in his bed with him. When we woke up that next morning, I was laying on his chest and our legs were tangled together. That wasn't the worst part. I wanted to get out of the bed without him having to get up so I attempted to climb over him and ended up right on top of him. 

The next day I had to help him with taking a shower and changing his clothes. No big deal right?

Wrong!

While I was helping him get dressed, he ended up getting a hard on. And Oscar is not a little guy if you know what I mean. I tried to ignore it and work around it but that was literally impossible. And last night, last night was the worst. I was helping Oscar out of the shower when he slipped a little on the floor. I tried to catch him but he ended up falling against me, locking me in between the bathroom counter and him. We ended up laughing at what happened but that laughter ended up turning into kissing. Kissing that got pretty intense. Kissing that wouldn't have stopped, but I ended up brushing against his gunshot wound and he winced from the pain. 

So there is obviously a lot of unsaid things and tension running through the house. But throughout it all, I just want him to get better. I can't let my feelings control my actions. Oscar is my best friend and that's it. That's it, right?

__________________________________________

Now what?

Is Riella going to give in to her feelings for Oscar?

What about the Santos and their new connect?