38 - Rio

The next morning I was up early so that I could talk to Cesar before he left to go to school

The next morning I was up early so that I could talk to Cesar before he left to go to school. He got up just as early as I did and walked into the living room. I placed the plates of food on the table for him and smiled at him. He was wearing a black tank top, some khaki shorts, long socks, black and white cortez's and a chain. He looked like a younger Oscar with hair. "How is school going Cesar?"

He just shrugged his shoulders. "Okay I guess. It's just really hard to focus on school with Oscar in jail." My smile fell off of my face. "I know. I promise I'm doing everything I can to get him out." He nodded, "I know you are. This isn't your fault though Riella." He sighed, "I wish Oscar would have listened to you. You're always right and you tried to tell him he was being stupid." I sighed this time, "I know, but that doesn't matter right now. I've got another meeting with another lawyer today. I've got a good feeling about this one." He looked up at me and smiled a little, "You do?"

I nodded, "Um hm." I took a sip of my coffee and then sat the cup back down. "Rio knows a lawyer and he's going to take me to see him this morning." "Rio?" "Oh, um, you probably call him Montana." He nodded, "Yeah." Then he looked at me confused, "You call him Rio?" I nodded, "He told me to." Cesar's eyes opened a little wide and he looked away. I squinted at him, "What?" He shook his head, "Nothing, pero, um, you know what? I got to go, I forgot I'm meeting Jamal this morning about a problem he's having."

I frowned, "Okay?" Before I had a chance to say anything else, Cesar grabbed his bookbag and left out the door in a hurry. 

I rolled my eyes, "Teenagers." I started putting away the food and cleaning up the kitchen. Then I heard a knock on the door. I walked over to the door, "Who is it?" "It's Rio." I opened up the door and Rio was standing there looking so adorable. He had on a white tee, some khaki shorts, long socks and all black cortez's. He even had on a chain and had some earrings in his ears. "Hey Rio." "Hey mamita." He smiled at me, "Are you always so bubbly?" 

I thought about it for a moment, "I guess so", I said smiling at him. He laughed, "I like it." I smiled when he said that. "You can come in, I was just finishing up with cleaning the kitchen." He nodded and walked in behind me. I washed the last of the dishes and dried off the countertops. "Okay, now I just need to change and I'll be ready to go." He nodded and I could feel his eyes follow me as I walked to Oscar's room. 

I decided to wear a simple white dress and some chuck taylors. I added a jean jacket in case I got cold. I put on some light makeup. Some eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss and then pulled my hair down from my messy bun. I didn't want to do too much, I didn't want to give this new lawyer the wrong idea. Once I was done I walked back into the living room. I didn't see Rio at first so I turned around and there he was standing there on the other side of the living room. "Sorry, I was looking at some of their pictures." I smiled at him, "You ready to go?" He nodded and looked at me. He looked me up and down and then just stared at my eyes for a moment. "Rio? You okay?" He snapped out of his trance and blinked a few times. Then he shook his head.  "Yeah, sorry. Let's go."

We walked out and both got into Rio's truck. He drove us outside of town, about a thirty minute drive. Finally we pulled up outside of a law office. "So this guy usually looks out for Santo's, since his dad was one." I nodded, "Okay." He looked at me, "Do you want me to come in with you?" I nodded my head quickly, "Yes, please." He smiled, "Okay." We both got out of the truck and started walking into the office building. I was so distracted by how big the building was that I didn't see the first step. My foot hit it and I tripped, hard. I was about to fall, but I felt a pair of arms catch me and pick me back up. I grabbed onto his arms and was face to face with Rio. He held onto my waist to steady me and I looked up into his eyes. He just stared down at me, in my eyes. "I'm sorry. I'm kind of clumsy."

"Kind of?" He smiled and used his hand to move my hair out of my face. We stood there for a moment and then when I realized we were just staring at each other I cleared my throat. "We should probably get inside." He nodded and let me go. 

What just happened? Whatever it was, I decided not to read too much into it and just followed him inside. We walked up to the front desk and were immediately greeted by a really cute girl who somewhat resembled Rio. "Hi Rio! Is this Riella?! Oh my gosh she is so beautiful! Spooky was right!" "Okay that's enough Minnie!" She smiled at me again then turned to Rio. "You here for your appointment with Mr. Perez?" He nodded, "Yes, so can you please let him know we're here and stop drooling over Riella." I smiled when he said that. They were both making me blush. 

Minnie picked up the phone on her desk and pressed a few buttons. "Hey Mr. Perez. Yes my brother is here to see you. Okay." She smiled at the both of us, "You can go ahead to his office. He's ready for you." Rio took my hand into his and led me down the hallway towards some doors that I'm guessing led to the offices in the building. "Oh look at you two holding hands! That is so fucking cute!" Rio rolled his eyes, "I'm sorry about her. That's my annoying ass little sister." I shook my head, "It's okay." 

He apologized, but he didn't let my hand go.

____________________________________________________

Minnie is adorable, right?

How do you feel about Rio now?

Do you think Rio and Minnie will be good for Riella?